Anyone have this book or read it???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Book Bits
Evaluating Filters
From the book "How to Select a Motor Oil and Filter for Your Car or Truck"

If you're going to pay a premium to get a high-performance filter, look carefully at the capture efficiency (particle size retention) of the filter. For instance, a filter that has a capture efficiency of 95 percent for particles larger than 10 microns will remove 95 percent of the particles larger than 10 microns on a single pass and 5 percent of the particles larger than 10 microns will pass through the filter. It is worth noting that this performance property is a particularly large component of the premium price you're paying for good filtration.

More information about the book "How to Select a Motor Oil and Filter for Your Car or Truck" at

http://www.noria.com/secure/product_detail.asp?catalogid=79

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey great idea !!!!! ...on second thought though...........no.

quote:

Originally posted by crimsontide:
no, why dont you email me a copy so i can see if its worth the money

offtopic.gif

ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!!!!
burnout.gif

Man, if I'd had a copy, I wouldn't ask here how the book is ........ get it ???!!!
quote:

Originally posted by crimsontide:
were not rolling very much these days........so can you email me a copy....so i can see if this book is worth the moey??

Hmmmm!!!! The book has a publish date of 2003. Do you think he got all the information from this site? Just a thought. With the loads of info on this site I wouldn't rule this out.

quote:

Originally posted by Alex D:
More information about the book "How to Select a Motor Oil and Filter for Your Car or Truck" at http://www.noria.com/secure/product_detail.asp?catalogid=79

I have the book. I am on my third reading of it. Great book. I think it is about $20 for a nice hard copy or $15 over the net. I would highly recommend the book, though a fair amount of what is in it can be gleaned from various articles in Machinery Lubrication Magazine which is available free on the Noria.com site. Still, the book puts it all together in a nice easy read. Worth its price-of-an-oil-change cost.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back