Anyone have the OBDII Tool ThinkDiag w/Hyundai software?

Hey All..

Does anyone have the OBDII tool ThinkDiag with Hyundai as the software selection?

Think claims that the ThinkDiag has Bi-Directional communication/control features and I am wondering if anyone does have it, can you confirm if one of the controls it has is to command to OPEN the ECT (Electronic Contorled thermostat) (2017+ Elantra with 2.0L) ?

I have been emailing Think and they claim it has this ability, but I asked if they can provide a screen shot or some other visual aid to confirm this for me, and they aren't willing to provide it.

Here is their link if anyone is interested

https://www.mythinkcar.com/product/3/t1

I guess they won't get a sale then. For how much they push their coupons and a referral program, they don't seem to want to lift a finger to make sure you know it do what you want to do? Bye Bye, move on to another vendor. I did not think we Hyundai owners have an adjustable thermostat. Hard to believe that is an option. I don't see wiring go anywhere near the thermostat. What exactly are you wanting to do with adjusting that?

The 2017+ Elantra (many more Kia and Hyundai models are using the same engine) using the 2.0L NU Atkinson engine has a ECT (Electronic controlled thermostat).. It has a heater element in the ECT to heat the wax to OPEN the thermostat based on its ECU algorithm.

The ECT is not in a traditional high spot on the engine, its down on the bottom l left (passenger) and to correctly perform a coolant change, you need to command the ECT to OPEN to allow all of the coolant in the block to drain...

So this is why I am looking for a inexpensive OBDII that has Bi-directional with this control/command option to OPEN the ECT...

I guess they won't get a sale then. For how much they push their coupons and a referral program, they don't seem to want to lift a finger to make sure you know it do what you want to do? Bye Bye, move on to another vendor. I did not think we Hyundai owners have an adjustable thermostat. Hard to believe that is an option. I don't see wiring go anywhere near the thermostat. What exactly are you wanting to do with adjusting that?

I don't have s Hyundai with a Nu, but I have a Kia with a Theta II, and I do have a ThinkDiag. So far, I haven't found a bidirectional command it doesn't have. It won't let you flash new firmware into modules, but it will let you do variant coding. I'm certainly happy with it.

Back