Anyone have the General 365aw on their vehicle?

I’m looking at these tires for my mother’s 2019 Chevy Equinox AWD. She is on the go constantly it seems and lives up north so winter roads can be a mess. The Michelin Primacy tires on it now are to the wear bars. They wore evenly to their 37,000 but look shot. She claims it never did well in snow even when new. Those Michelins just don’t have any bite to them. She purchased the AWD vehicle for the purpose of winter driving but is quite disappointed in her Equinox. I told her it’s the tires. They look like a step up from slicks. I’m trying to find something not too high in price but something that can grip better in snowy conditions as well as be used all season. Just wondering if anyone has experience with the General 365aw. 225/60/18. I thought of the cross climate tire but it’s not in her budget.

365aw

Attachments

• F5DCD2DB-A530-4155-91B7-E26ABDE2E517.jpeg
    F5DCD2DB-A530-4155-91B7-E26ABDE2E517.jpeg
    70.1 KB · Views: 40
Personally I am a General Tire fan, and use them quite a bit. I like the tread pattern...looks like something that would do well in light snow, and rain. The test above shows there may be better choices, but I don't know how the costs or availability compares.

As I recommended elsewhere on the site, look at Michelin Cross Climate 2 tires. Super year round tire that is GOOD in snow, rain and dry roads.

The Michelin CC2 is a good tire, but not the ultimate All-weather tire that the internet makes it out to be.

They are a good tire for after the plow comes through. If you are forging your own path, if the snow isn't light and fluffy or icy, then beware, you might get stuck, since the long tread blocks, while good for dry road cornering, is the compromise if the snow is wet/heavy, or if you can squeeze a handful of snow and it clumps together into a snowball, then it doesn't dig in that well, and you'll be slipping a lot.

May want to consider the FIRESTONE WeatherGrip . Click below for pictures of the WeatherGrip ( scroll down ) .

Thanks for the replies. Been looking at and reading tire reviews in my spare time for a few days. Trying to find something above average for winter in an all season. I just went ahead with the General 365aw. Price point was decent as in not too high. More than she was expecting but I had explained before hand this was going to be lots of $. The days of putting tires on the family sedan with 14” wheels for $60 apiece are gone. My mom had called me after visiting a tire shop to get my opinion and to try to get informed because she thought they were trying to take advantage. They did offer tires for well over $200 each but also said there were tires for $155 each. She has no idea about tires so the ones I picked out are $175 each. Hopefully they do well. I have General RT 43’s on one of my cars for 3 years now and they have been excellent. Still look and handle great.

Absolutely as long as I can get her to let me know what she thinks. I really am hoping these do well for her.

If memory fails me correctly, General Tire is part of Continental A.G.. Ran Contis on my VWs for ages with good results - the General should be no different.

After a bunch of research i installed a set on my 14 Camry SE a week ago. initial observation's , handle well on my 60 mile highway to work and home daily drive. Quiet , and it seems my milage increased a bit.

Last edited:
We've had them a year in all 4 seasons. They are decent tires and excellent in the snow/ice on our Subaru (good enough that we decided not to get snow tires, and we live in a snowy area). Wet traction is not as good as some others and they drift a bit. Dry traction is very good. Overall, we are pleased with them and they were a good value. They were a significant upgrade from the OEM tires.

Back