Anyone have specs on Castrol GTX 10w30 High Mileage oil?

Status
Not open for further replies.
After recently seeing this UOA about Castrol GTX HM, I can't find any specs anywhere about the spec's for this oil. Does anyone have any?

If this oil is THAT good, then I'm up for running the entire winter on this oil, about 7000 miles, and giving it a UOA and posting here. At $10.28 for a 5qt jug, and $1.97 for a ST filter, it seems like a good deal to me.

I'm neither a fan of, nor a hater of, Castrol in any way, shape or form. Just really interested this oil!
smile.gif

quote:

Originally posted by ToyotaNSaturn:
After recently seeing this UOA about Castrol GTX HM, I can't find any specs anywhere about the spec's for this oil. Does anyone have any?

If this oil is THAT good, then I'm up for running the entire winter on this oil, about 7000 miles, and giving it a UOA and posting here. At $10.28 for a 5qt jug, and $1.97 for a ST filter, it seems like a good deal to me.

I'm neither a fan of, nor a hater of, Castrol in any way, shape or form. Just really interested this oil!
smile.gif

I've been a Castrol user from oh, around 1977. I have engines from around that era, that have been either handed down or sold to to relatives and friends, engines that are still going strong on a steady Castrol diet. So, don't get me wrong, I am not a Castrol antagonist. In fact, Castrol Dino' is what is in my current ride right now.

But the fact remains that, there are better oils out there. Not many, but they are out there. Why not try Schaeffer Supreme 7000 series? I am sure it'll leave your Castrol GTX HM by the wayside. The only Castrol that can compete with Schaeffer 7000 series is the German Castrol 0w-30.

I have the specs on that oil on my computer at work. I do remember it's viscosity at 100c is somewhere around 11.9 to 12.0, so it's a nice thick 30wt.

It won't be much longer before I have a UOA on 5w30 GTX HM from my mom's Probe GT. It'll be mid November at the very latest.

Castrol GTX HM 10W-30 should be great for the summertime. Somebody a while back in a post said that when he used this oil that it was the only oil that helped his engine to start up quietly and run smoothly.

But in the wintertime it would be better to use something else-Gastrol GTX 5W-30 or Mobil 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back