Anyone have info on Recochem?

Hi folks, wondering about Recochem. They're worldwide and quite big. I'm just curious as I've been researching the OEM brand up here at Canadian Tire, and Pep boys in the US.

Are they quality products? They seem to be well liked, and generally open about their products.

I'm using their CVT fluid in our Subaru and it got me curious when comparing it to brands like Valvoline and Castrol

And what did you find out when you compared it to Valvoline and Castrol?
Right now I have their pink coolant in my Golf which is very good product,

It meets the same Specs, and they seem to really aim at a manufacturers spec when formulating. There coolant is a prime example with their colorcoding. Very consumer friendly products.

Customer service was helpful....he actually called their rep for application help when I asked.

Recochem/OEM is an excellent antifreeze/coolant supplier, especially since its available in concentrate when many are 50:50 only.

I have no info on their ATF... but doubt its any worse/better than any other universalmultivehicle ATF sold by most brands. As such, if it was available in a local autopart store, I would not have any problem buying it for whatever they recommend it for.... which is no different than how I treat Valvoline, Castrol, Pennzoil, Amsoil, Redline, Lubegard, Amalie..... ATFs/CVTFs/DCTF's......

Thanks GreasyMechTech

For what its worth, the subaru feels....crisp with it full of the fluid.

Its hard to describe, but for a CVT, the throttle response feels nice, and shifting to drive / reverse/ nutral is smooth as well. Feels as good or better than the Original fluid did with 50k miles (80kms)

Recochem is actually a pretty small Quebec based chemical company, from their website it looks like they have no presence in Europe, and very little in Asia. Their coolants are well known as they figured out that there's a big market for coolant with the right OE color even if chemically many of the coolants are identical to each other. A lot of their business is private label so for instance they make the Canadian Tire brand coolant, etc so I suspect their CVT ATF is a generic formula that they sell under a few labels. One OEM product I'd avoid is the European or Asian brake fluid they sell, which is a overpriced joke as there is no such thing as euro or asian brake fluid, there's only DOT 3, DOT4 and DOT5.

Thanks Jake, yeah its interesting. Theyve been around a long time! I had no idea.

In the world of auto chemicals, there are a lot of good performing products. It feel excellent in the car so from that standpount I dont doubt the quality

Yeah, I like their full strength toyota red antifreeze. Hard to find otherwise. Got it through pep boys when they had a sale.

As others said, there is nothing wrong with Recochem. They used to sell it at Pep Boys, and at the time it was the only full strength concentrate Asian coolant available anywhere. Unfortunately, Pep Boys stopped carrying it, but at least now Peak OET is sold in concentrate form, albeit at a higher price than Recochem.

I'm only familiar with Recochem from their coolant, but I'm sure their transmission fluids are perfectly fine, too.

Recochem makes Napa's house brand coolant in Canada (in the US, it's Peak).

Back