Anyone have gas stations in your area run out of gas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Local Kroger sells a LOT (two words
smile.gif
) of gas. Went to fill up today, and they were out of gas.

Exxon and Shell had gas, thankfully.

I was freaking out when two stations didn't have prices on their signs.

Turns out they just didn't have "big threes" for the first digit.

Here in Pensacola, just barely touched by Katrina*, only about 1 of 3 stations has gas at any given time. I'm just back from a "gas patrol," and managed to fill up the wife's vehicle after waiting in line about ten minutes. I actually passed on one station that had very long lines; many had no gas at all. I paid $2.69/gal for Shell 87.

* we had several hours of 60-70ish winds resulting in a lot of tree limbs down, absolutely nothing like Ivan or Kat in NOLA.

ek, I'm glad to hear that Pensacola and Destin didn't get hit by this one. I couldn't imagine how it would kill the tourism industry there, again. My relatives have delayed a vacation in a couple weeks since their time share isn't up to snuff yet.

Here in West Central Florida, gas stations are starting to run out of gas. Those stations that do have gas also have long lines. Prices are over three dollars a gallon in these parts, (about 50 miles north of Tampa Florida).

One co-op store ran out just over the line in Oregon. They still had fuel at 2.63(?) when everyone else was 2.85 or higher. When asked why their price was so low, they replied: When we bought this gas, that's all the more it cost. We won't raise our price until/unless we get another tanker-load at a higher price. Absolutely PERFECT proof of gouging by everyone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back