Anyone have experience with these Barum Bravuris t

Status
Not open for further replies.
Barum Bravuris 2
Tire View:
Large Image (1001 x 1001)
The Bravuris 2 offers balanced handling and fun at the wheel on wet and dry roads due to the asymmetrical tread pattern.

•Larger number of tread blocks on the tire's inner side delivers greater resistance to aquaplaning and better driving characteristics in the wet.

•Optimized tread blocks and tread pattern structure yield shorter braking distances, better road holding.

•New tire contour and tread compound for higher mileage.

Barum Logo
Barum Bravuris 2
205/60R15 91H BSW
$67.00each
About Our Pricing
Get Total Price Button
Check Availability Button
Average Customer Review
5.0 of 5 Star Rating
Read Reviews Review this Tire
Warranty 40,000 Miles
Treadwear 340
Traction A
Temperature A
Speed Rating H

These have been getting very good reviews for a cheap price sporty tire

I've never seen them, but Barum is a brand of Continental AG so they should be good. I've always been pleased with my various Conti products.

Oh, and the Bravuris 2 received a "recommended" rating from ADAC, the German drivers association.

Cheers

I've got the originals (not the 2) on my E30 (185/65 14).

I wasn't sure when I bought the car, but they've impressed. I've not been able to force them to hydroplane on some quite deep standing water.

They squeal relatively early, but there's plenty of grip while they are howling. But that's in non-sensible driving.

I can lock the fronts on dry pavement. The brake check in our annual registration inspection shows the car pulling 0.9 g.

I have the asymmetric VR-rated ones. They're noisier than touring tires but have better traction. I expect 37k-40k miles out of them (driven gently). For the price they're a good deal, but I don't know where you can get them anymore

I bought a set of the 1st generation for my Sentra. My 05 Sentra came with some 195/55/16 tire size. They had Firestone Firehawks on it. They were the most unsafe tires I have ever driven on. Look at the reviews on Tirerack. $hitstones

With only 700 miles on the car. I was willing to pay for new tires. At the time, I only had two choices in this size. The OEM or a overpriced Michelin. I decided to go up to a 205/55/16 tires.

I was willing to pay around $300 for a new set. I bought the Barums at America's tires. They were good tires for the price. They had good dry and wet traction. I never hyroplaned with all the rain up here in Portland. They are a soft tire. Mine worn down to 2/32 in 20,000 miles. They had a warranty of 40,000 miles. So they prorated them for me, and I use that money to upgrade to the Bridgestones RE960's.

My size were made in France. I think they also make them in Germany and Czech Republic also.

I am actually using them on the accord now. no problems. and i might add i put a ton of miles. they were cheap and had a decent treadlife rating. they are better than some others i have tried.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back