Anyone have experience with Rotella 0W30 Semi-syn?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was in the parts store today getting an oil filter and noticed that this particular location had all sorts of Rotella on the shelf, something I'm not used to seeing around here. I was thinking of picking some up and using it in my Frontier over the winter. I searched but didn't turn up any info on the 0W30. I honmestly didn't even know it existed until today.
happy2.gif

Found this....

ROTELLA* T SB SYNTHETIC BLEND HEAVY DUTY ENGINE OILS
PRODUCT LINE
Building on the Rotella T heritage, Rotella T SB Synthetic Blend Heavy Duty Engine Oils are a family of lubricants specially formulated for all season applications, and particularly low temperature applications. Rotella T SB Synthetic Blend 0W-30 has been formulated for excellent low temperature properties. Rotella T SB Synthetic Blend 10W-40 has been formulated to maintain excellent high temperature properties while enhancing its low temperature properties. Rotella T SB 100% Synthetic 0W-40 has been formulated to give the best performance over the widest temperature range. And finally, Rotella T SB Synthetic Blend 5W-30 has been formulated as a cost effective product yielding excellent low temperature properties. Rotella T SB Synthetic Blend 10W-40 and Rotella T SB Synthetic Blend 0W-30 are both API CH-4/SJ and Mack EO-M Plus approved. Rotella T SB Synthetic Blend 10W-40 also carries Cummins CES 20076 and Volvo VDS-2 credentials. Rotella T SB 100% Synthetic 0W-40 has been formulated for API CG-4/SJ applications.

APPLICATIONS
Rotella T SB Synthetic Blend Heavy Duty Engine Oils are recommended for all types of service in trucks and automotive diesel and gasoline engines where the manufacturer specifies the API service classifications listed. They are especially suited for use in low temperature environments where extreme pumpability properties are required. Rotella T SB Synthetic Blend Heavy Duty Engine Oils are suitable for on-road and off-road applications, including equipment that is exposed to extreme low temperature operations and do not require water separation properties at high temperatures.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
Today's heavy duty engine requirements are significantly different from past years. The new limits on exhaust emissions and the resulting engine design changes have dramatically stressed the performance of conventional oils produced just a few years ago. At Shell Canada we have used advanced additive technology in Rotella T SB Synthetic Blend Heavy Duty Engine Oils to provide the superior performance required by these new standards. Shell Rotella T Synthetic Blend Heavy Duty Engine Oils provide: Improved soot control
􀂃 Improved oxidation stability to minimize deposit formation
􀂃 Higher TBN to extend protection from acids caused by combustion
􀂃 Better protection against valve train wear
􀂃 Improved low temperature performance
􀂃 Potential fuel economy improvement compared to conventional 15w-40 heavy duty engine oils
PERFORMANCE SUMMARY
􀂃 Rotella T SB Synthetic Blend 0W-30; API CH-4, CG-4, CF-4, CF/SJ, Mack EO-M Plus, Cummins CES 20071, Allison C-4, Ford, GM, Chrysler and other major engines where API SJ is specified.
􀂃 Rotella T SB Synthetic Blend 5W-30; API CF, Allison C-4
􀂃 Rotella T SB 100% Synthetic 0W-40; API CG-4, CF-4, CF/SJ, Allison C-4, Ford, GM, Chrysler and other major engines where API SJ is specified.
􀂃 Rotella T SB Synthetic Blend 10W-40; API CH-4, CG-4, CF-4, CF/SJ, Mack EO-M Plus, EO-M, Cummins CES 20076 CES 20071, Volvo VDS-2, Allison C-4, Ford, GM, Chrysler and other major engines where API SJ is specified.

PDf can be found here
http://www-static.shell.com/static/ca-en/downloads/shell_for_businesses/oils_lubricants/1-15.pdf

The specs on the 0W-30 and 0W-40 are really good.

I'm pretty sure C-T used to sell this as 'Motomaster F1 Synthetic blend 0W-30', but they stopped selling it - now they just sell 5W-30 and 10W-30.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back