Anyone have a HF Daytona jack?

I’d say same factory, different levels of quality specified by the importer.
LOL, quit teasing. Go ahead and tell them about the Menards and YellowJacket models and their differences vs. the Daytona Super Duty.

LOL, quit teasing. Go ahead and tell them about the Menards and YellowJacket models and their differences vs. the Daytona Super Duty.

sorry. I tried. My device crashed and I don’t feel like typing it again.

for those who may care about the internal components of the jacks’ hydraulic unit - you can read these links…

see post #1129 and #687 for a breakdown of the Daytona super duty jack:

For a discussion of the Menards Masterforce and Northern Tools Yellowjacket:

I didn't see this mentioned, but the 4 Ton Daytona is actually $40.00 cheaper than some of the 3 ton models. If you're lifting pickups and the like, it's doubtful you'll need the low profile model.

I have the low profile long reach. It lifts higher that the standard jacks. Handy for trucks and my travel trailer.
IMG_20211011_073746497.jpg

I didn't see this mentioned, but the 4 Ton Daytona is actually $40.00 cheaper than some of the 3 ton models. If you're lifting pickups and the like, it's doubtful you'll need the low profile model.

The linked 3 ton is a "super duty". The regular 3 ton is on sale and is less than the 4 ton even regular price.

The linked 3 ton is a "super duty". The regular 3 ton is on sale and is less than the 4 ton even regular price.
So.... The "Super Duty" is rated at 3 tons. While the "Heavy Duty" is rated at 4 tons. It doesn't change the fact the cheaper jack can lift a full ton more.... Assuming that is, you don't mind having it called, "Heavy Duty".

Which brings up another question. If both are rated at 3 tons, what's the difference between the "Super Duty" 3 ton model, and the "Regular" 3 ton model?

So.... The "Super Duty" is rated at 3 tons. While the "Heavy Duty" is rated at 4 tons. It doesn't change the fact the cheaper jack can lift a full ton more.... Assuming that is, you don't mind having it called, "Heavy Duty".

Which brings up another question. If both are rated at 3 tons, what's the difference between the "Super Duty" 3 ton model, and the "Regular" 3 ton model?

The 3 ton “super duty” has a hydraulic unit that is built with upgraded parts compared to the other HF jacks. It’s advertised on the HF website as “premium quality piston seals with magnetic filtration system” and “designed to outlast other car jacks - over 5000+ lift cycles”. Being made to last longer, you’ll also notice HF gives a 3 year warranty with the “super duty” while all the rest have 90 day warranties.

Well, if an animated tool bear recommends it, i have to buy it! Bought a blue daytona and its a joy compared to a 15 year old "michelin" brand jack. I was buying one and somebody else was also grabbing one at the same time. I wasn't excited about the price, but comparing with similar jacks in other stores it turned out to be cheap.

I picked up the Daytona Blue Low Profile Long Reach. It was well packaged and in good condition inside the box. Fit and finish is very good (its not as pretty as the Super Duty, but I wanted long reach).

Blue is apparently popular, it took two stores to get it.

We will see how it works, for now all I can say is it is a back breaker, you will not be hauling it around in your trunk if you have any sense.

Back