Anyone following IRMA?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: JHZR2
Yes, family in direct path of the cat 5 section... It hits them tomorrow starting early... they'll see 185+.

This is where all the [censored] about needing a big generator for AC and to watch TV, and a full gas tank to drive a guzzler around at speed for convenience and "just because" goes out the window. Living on an island means logistics and long, long durations where survival is key... food and water... Running on sparse fuel, being awake until the fuel runs out and then resupplying when you can.

Hopefully the roof will hold. I think they've got a strong one, knock on wood. They're 800 feet up too, which is good. We know folks on another nearby flat island that is even more in the path, looking at a 12ft surge. That means most of the island will not be there for a while, the highest point is only 28 ft.

Yikes, hopefully they stay safe and hunker down.

I'm right in line for it on Monday. We should start the storming on Friday or Saturday though. Got the generator oil done and some pop tarts and water im good lol

Originally Posted By: Nickdfresh
Did a number on the US Virgin Islands apparently...

Airport terminal is a mess, and what I heard is the hospital may be so badly damaged the only option is to demolish and rebuild...

Lots of boats all over. Decent mess, that's for sure...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back