Anyone find Mobil 1 0w20?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am wondering if anyone has been able to find the new Mobil formula. I know that the oil is supposed to be released this month, but have yet to find any on store shelves. I question the employees when they expect to get the oil in and get the identical response that my dog gives me when I talk to him (tilt the head and perk up the ears), but unlike my dog they respond with; “I don’t know”.

FWIW. According to my friend, who works at PepBoys Corprate HQ in Philadelphia, PepBoys will not be carrying this wt. oil. I'm sure it will be found at Target, Autozone and Walmart. PepBoys sells to many people with used/older cars. This is there market generally speaking. (Although some believe this to be the reason why they are running themselves into the ground.) They feel 20wt. oils are only in new 2002 cars and above, so most of these people either go to the dealer for service. It should be out end of March if I remember corectly.
smile.gif

[ March 11, 2003, 07:30 PM: Message edited by: buster ]

AUTOBARN.com has it! It's not on their website yet but you can call and order it. I just did. Gotta warn you, it's a little expensive @ about $6 per quart. 1-888-484-9560.

quote:

Originally posted by buster:
FWIW. According to my friend, who works at PepBoys Corprate HQ in Philadelphia, PepBoys will not be carrying this wt. oil.

Curiously, PB in my town does carry Pennzoil, and Castrol "conventional" 5W-20. It seems stupid of the chain, indeed, to carry M1 in other weight grades, but not the new 0W-20. If they haven't noticed, people ARE buying a few new Fords and Hondas... I just wonder whether they're no longer able to order in the quantities to obtain the best pricing and their "decision" not to carry M1 0W-20 is based on dollars and cents instead of their alleged market demographic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back