anyone familiar with Kendall GT-1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its spec sheet numbers are quite similar to sister oil Union 76, and most likely to Conoco as well, all part of Conoco-Phillips, if I got the name right. Going strictly by the numbers, seemingly a decent middle-of-the-road oil.

As I am sure has been discussed somewhere in these forums, Kendall is long gone. So is Amalie, although Amalie was bought whole from Witco and is still in biz, mostly in the trucking and industrial world.
Kendall was owned by Union then Conoco, I think. Someone owns the trademark itself, but the oil is long gone. If you see Kendall, its just the trademark. Like RCA on electronics, the mark is owned by Thompson of France, and the gear is low tier.
I used Kendall for many many years, including GT-1. You can still find Amalie, their sister, on the East Coast primarily. They have a website, fairly crude.

I believe there is some talk of this oil in the racing section. Some of the people there loved the oil when it was still around.

A few guys on AudiWorld run it in their new 1.8t due to an endorsment from a fellow Audi/Alfa fan. Supposedly a PAO in the past,(add grain of salt) it's older 5w-40 A3 oil from 1998, similar to Valvoline 5w-40 and other non-Euro and non-HDEO 5w-40s. I don't know what the facination with it is, it lacks any mfg certs. I'd rather run Rotella Synth 5w-40.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back