Anyone ever own a Studebaker?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Studebaker
I had a '46 pickup, 51 Land Cruiser, 57,58,59, 60 and 61 Hawks and 62 GT Hawks. Great cars, but rusted pretty bad.

'63 Studebaker Lark. One of those I should of hung on to. Still got the original Prestolite alternator in my tool box as a momento.

My first car was a 1950 Champ, never let me down but burned a qt. of oil every 100/200 miles. Used to feed it oil drippings from the local gas station, remember those?

I believe the models before the late 50s were considered high end vehicles, along with Packard, Cadillac, and Lincoln.

High end cars weren't still running king pin front ends then. They were down there with Ford, Chevy, and Plymouth which had gone to ball joints.

Originally Posted By: Kruse
Originally Posted By: Studebaker
I had a '46 pickup, 51 Land Cruiser, 57,58,59, 60 and 61 Hawks and 62 GT Hawks. Great cars, but rusted pretty bad.

'63 Studebaker Lark. One of those I should of hung on to. Still got the original Prestolite alternator in my tool box as a momento.

My Dad had a couple - don't remember the exact year, but I think early 60's as well.

I helped him rebuild the engine in one. It was an old wreck when he bought it, but after rebuilding the engine it went for several more years.

Right or wrong, my Dad called them "Steady breakers!" :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back