Anyone Ever Heard Of This Additive?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Found this at my local TSC.
E76FE04A-F9EF-4BF7-A3D3-0B1EA1C8F26C.jpeg
648724FD-7B5D-4385-A844-50AA1D5D74AC.jpeg
0D51FFE8-F09A-45D5-9D1A-085592C95688.jpeg

Yes. I use the Hot Shots Secret Every Day Diesel Treatment to up my cetane and keep my injectors clean.
Engine runs much smoother than on straight pump diesel. About the same as other premium 6 or 7 point cetane boosters like Amsoil, Redline, or Optilube.
The Stiction Eliminator cleaned the sludge out of my Blazer. The only change was the SE, not the oil I was using so no one can say I don't know why the engine got cleaned out. Tongue out to the automatic naysayers who try nothing and scream "snake oil" if a Priest says Holy Water.
This TBN booster is heavy on the SAP. Hot Shots says not to overdose DPF equipped vehicles. Don't see a need for it myself. I like their products, but it costs almost as much as an oil change to prolong my oil change? Doesn't make sense to me. Maybe if you're running a big sump engine, but for 9 liter or 2.25 gallon sumps, no.

It is the official additive of NASCAR ? An official NASCAR product is what makes a product the best.

TBN Booster additive is the only fortified engine oil stabilizer that increases total base number (TBN) and viscosity by replenishing the detergents and dispersants that are naturally lost over time. When these detergent and dispersant additives are replenished, your oil will be able to effectively neutralize the acidic conditions that corrode your engine.

Chemistries are NOT lost over time; they simply decompose so they become less effective over time.

So some oil viscosity modifiers are mixed in to thicken the oil. What if the oil in your engine is already thickened by oxidation; it will not reverse it or thin it out.

TBN Booster is a concentrated formula that contains 100% active ingredients of a CK-4 additive package, a TBN Booster and Hot Shot’s Secret FR3 Friction.

OK, so they took an Oronite CK-4 additive package and added in a viscosity modifier and some extra friction modifier. BTW, there are no "secret" friction modifiers, since all friction modifiers are known to those in the "art."

Last edited:
A $0.25 product in a $0.50 bottle sold at a 4,000% profit.

As said above, anything with the word "nano-" in it is an automatic turn off. If solid particle nano-lubricants were so star-spangled awesome, high end racing oil blenders would be jumping all over them, but they're not. You don't see them in any high end racing oil in NHRA, NASCAR, F1, WOO, etc... none of them, anywhere, ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back