Anyone else use Affresh cleaner products?

Can someone expound on how "great" Affresh is? Why do I need to buy it and use it in my washer (top loader Whirlpool)? Yeah, Whirlpool said I should buy it and use it on some frequency.

Why?

Yeah, I am of the age that I am starting to go outside and scream at clouds. I'm also of the age that I remember people going to Sears or another heralded Appliance Store, buying a Fridge, Washer or Dryer, taking it home, installing it and it working for 30+ years WITH NO PROBLEM. I don't remember people buying cleaner to clean a WASHING MACHINE

Remember guys that products from Affresh are tailored for specific applications and consequently have slightly different composition and dosage

Can someone expound on how "great" Affresh is? Why do I need to buy it and use it in my washer (top loader Whirlpool)? Yeah, Whirlpool said I should buy it and use it on some frequency.

Why?

Yeah, I am of the age that I am starting to go outside and scream at clouds. I'm also of the age that I remember people going to Sears or another heralded Appliance Store, buying a Fridge, Washer or Dryer, taking it home, installing it and it working for 30+ years WITH NO PROBLEM. I don't remember people buying cleaner to clean a WASHING MACHINE
IIRC these products came into existence when high efficiency clothes and dishwashers went on sale. These products are HE because they use a lot less water compared to the older units. Consequently they are more prone to leaving material behind which can grow mold. We're talking using 7 gallons vs 21 gallons or more of water.

Take front load washing machines as an example. One culprit is fabric softeners which aren't entirely rinsed away and serve as a food for mold. FL washing machines are also air-tight by design so they don't dry out as well like an old school top loader. The high moisture environment combined with residue will encourage mold growth and smelly clothes.

Another issue was the phase out of phosphates in detergents.

Early GE front load washers were plagued with mold at the bottom of the door gasket and within the corrugated folds of a drain pipe. It's why manufacturers recommend the door remain ajar to help it dry out.

Last edited:

Why?

You may only need it if you notice any build up in you machine or musty odors. keeping the lid open after use helps .

Back