Anyone else tired of Slipknot?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have Sirius Satellite radio and on channel 20 it seems they play the new Slipknot song EVERY 15 minutes. I mean Slipknot is good but they're not great enough to play the same the song over and over. They did the same thing with Disturbed's The Night. It's just retarded.

What is 20 on Sirius?

I have XM and all of the rock stations sound horrible. I guess the AAC codec can't handle "high speed" music.

However, I agree. Sometimes Octane will play the same song way too many times in a short amount of time, really killing it for me.

I just keep it on The Virus or Siriusly Sinatra for now and that keeps me entertained on my 3 hours of driving a day.

20 on Sirius is Octane. That's what I usually listen to. Sinatra, Liquid Metal and Road Dog Trucking are other channels I listen to.

I would like to listen to Liquid Metal, but it sounds horrible. I have completely hard wired sat radio receiver, and I think that really brings out the sibilance of some stations.

Ever since the XM/Sirius merger, the playlist depth is way down across the board. Basically XM/Sirius is becoming a bunch of glorified FM stations, catered toward people who listen for the length of time they're in the car (15-45 mins). That's why I hate commercial FM radio, they play the same songs over and over and over and over and over. SiriusXM is becoming that.

The "classic rock" FM stations are the worst, they've been playing the same moldy old songs since 1985. I need to hear 'Living Loving Maid' and 'Smoke on the Water' again like I need a hole in the head. Don't even get me started on the 30 something year old males that I work with who insist on listening to top 20 radio ALL day. Great, I get to here this poor excuse for a song for the 5th time today.

crackmeup2.gif
I hear you Acura. Where I live the only rock stations are classic rock stations. And there's three of them. I mean seriously come on!

Yeah, I pretty much got tired of them from the first time I heard OF them, much less listened to them. Matrix Soundtrack was the last CD I bought with any of THAT kind of music on it. Yet my older brother, who was Def Leppard fanboy in chief back in the 80's, loves all that stuff now.

Ha...that is timely stuff. I was reading the paper this morning (yeah, I'm a dinosaur) and I see Slipknot is coming to my town (Spokane); first thing I thought was, "Look, another washed up band playing the secondary circuit." Not surprising though, as we're sort of notorious for that sort of thing..."Insane Clown Posse" is a fixture here, coming to town about every two months. And Anvil had nice bit on "That Metal Show" where they said that during their lean years (I never knew they had bountiful ones) they "played every *bleep* from here to Spokane." That one gave me some real civic pride...

Makes me wonder when Def Leppard will be dropping in. Oh wait, they'll be here at $99 a seat on October 25th. Meh!

The bit rate for all XM music channels is 32Kbit save for Deep Tracks which is 40kbit and the Clear Channel programmed ones have a different bit rate. With the Sirius merger that all changed, even the better Neural back-end processing upgrade a couple years ago seems to have been removed and sonic quality has suffered. Talk radio is 16kbit, traffic stations are 4kbit.

Yes, the music programming went down hill with the merger. Just a had a conversation at lunch today with a coworker who noticed the same thing.

As was mentioned above, the reason why SlipKnot is played in heavy rotation is due to the FM-style playlist creation. No more deep playlists on XM/Sirius.

BPM has become a disappointment (XM 81) as the company plays a tight playlist (like all other stations) and doesn't venture out like they used to. How many times can you hear the same song over & over again?

One can program Slacker or Pandora to do the same thing with better sound quality, for free.

I let my XM subscription expire. It got to be just like commercial radio with the playlist thing. Used to be you had awesome variety and heard songs you rarely hear + new stuff. Now it's all downhill with few rock and country stations but if you like talk and rap - you're ok! I don't like rap so it annoyed me that I had like 6 channels to listen to. I do miss the way XM worked my factory CTS Navigation system and told me the weather and traffic info right on screen...but not enough to endure the price and awful lineup. The last straw was them "automatically" billling me after it expired - than sending me late fees for something I never renewed. Shoddy business practice for sure!

Isn't slipnot the raging flaming dorks that wear halloween masks?

If they are I would be ashamed to start a thread about such retards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back