Anyone else think Art Bell was the most underrated media personality of the last century

Coast to Coast with Art Bell was way better than Noory and his many boring and laughably embarrassing guests he often has on. IMO John B Wells should've been the host of Coast after passing of Art Bell who substituted many times during that era. But he was too truthful and politically incorrect for the powers that be and they eventually fired him. I do listen to Coast sometimes on weekend when Ian Punnet hosts the show. Now my favorite radio show is Caravan to Midnight.
JK,

Thanks for the reply, I am going to checkout Caravan to Midnight.

Shel, find some.of his archives, you might enjoy.

By the way, just transferred planes at sfo. Terminal D at SFO is a very easy going low stress terminal.
I did ... not my cup of tea.

We'll have to disagree about SFO as well ... glad you found it to your liking.

Reactions: GON
While some of the more far out topics on the show lost me, I found a lot of the show to be pure gold. I listened a lot in the late 90s while working overnights. My favorite host now is Richard Serrot (I know the name is spelled incorrectly)

The thing is the magic that Coast to Coast AM had with Art Bell at the helm, you cannot recreate. You just can't.

Such a wide range of topics and people calling in and you never knew what you were going to get.

Is there anyone who is able to vouch for the legitimacy of the Coast to Coast Insider subscription service? It would be nice to catch some shows missed with favorite guests. Also listen to vintage Art Bell. I've read of claims that some of their other endeavors like the wacko dating subscription are completely bogus.

Always like Art Bell, would catch him weekly when I'd make an hour- hour and a half drive home from a friends house once a week leaving anytime between 11pm -1am in the morning. Some subjects would just creep me out or give me the heebie jeebies.
I would often listen while working overnights as a security guard, I would carry a little portable radio while walking my rounds, there were times I would get the Heebie Jeebies lol. It didn't help that the complex I worked at was said to be haunted and the place was reportedly built on an old cemetery (I could never confirm). It also didn't help that I was by myself while on rounds and the other guard was often 10 minutes away if you could even convey your correct location in that maze of building via 2 way radio.

It usually didnt bother me, but there were nights!

I have listened to C2C since 1995. C2C has never been the same without Art Bell. I rate Art only second to Rush Limbaugh.He always conducted a great interview. Noory is just OK but some of the guest hosts on weekends are a joke. Connie Willis and Richard Syrette are horrible.

I could do without the handful of the regular callers who seem to always get through. I think they call another number which gets them in.

Last edited:
Is Terminal 4 a new addition?
PT,

The (only) terminal I seem to fly into at SFO is Terminal D. It sure looks new. Has almost a five point design (like Chrysler logo), which seems to provide open space. Nice restaurants, shops, and bathrooms. Very little congestion in SFO Terminal D.

Terminal is significantly more comfortable than a majority of airport terminals in CONUS IMHO.

PT,

The (only) terminal I seem to fly into at SFO is Terminal D. It sure looks new. Has almost a five point design (like Chrysler logo), which seems to provide open space. Nice restaurants, shops, and bathrooms. Very little congestion in SFO Terminal D.

Terminal is significantly more comfortable than a majority of airport terminals in CONUS IMHO.

I think we went through there sometimes with Alaska and United though that could change. It’s been some years since we have been there so it has likely changed. I do agree, SFO is nicer than most US airports. We always tried to fly out of there versus the mess at LAX.

I am hearing some good things about the new International terminal at SeaTac.

I caught the show sporadically for some years with Art Bell. Mostly when he was doing the show from the Philippines for some years. I think he was a better host than George Noory on interviewing guests. Noory did an OK job for some time but seems to be calling it in for several years. I should say that I was a somewhat regular listener with Noory for several years, but now infrequently. A couple of the guest hosts are good, especially Ian Punnett and George Knapp. Not so much on the others. There are a couple of guests that I attempt to catch if I know they will be on, like David Paulides.
I have almost all of Paulides books.
They are very hard boring reads, but it does seem clear - something weird is going on.

I would often listen while working overnights as a security guard, I would carry a little portable radio while walking my rounds, there were times I would get the Heebie Jeebies lol. It didn't help that the complex I worked at was said to be haunted and the place was reportedly built on an old cemetery (I could never confirm). It also didn't help that I was by myself while on rounds and the other guard was often 10 minutes away if you could even convey your correct location in that maze of building via 2 way radio.

It usually didnt bother me, but there were nights!
Art Bell was a mid shifters friend....:)

Is there anyone who is able to vouch for the legitimacy of the Coast to Coast Insider subscription service? It would be nice to catch some shows missed with favorite guests. Also listen to vintage Art Bell. I've read of claims that some of their other endeavors like the wacko dating subscription are completely bogus.
I had a subscription for awhile. Yes, it allows you to download as many shows as you want. -It really has nothing to do with the dating apps etc.

I likes that I could download shows (that I missed, or fell asleep in real time) It's legit.

There were times when he had some real nutjobs as guests . He never treated them as such . He would ask legitimate questions and let them speak their piece .

I liked them...very very rarely could get them...but I can on my podcast I think.

Try Greg Carlwood (Higherside chats), and Skeptiko...

Back