Anyone else leary of washing Microfiber in their washing machine?

After thinking about how some of the products out there can stand up to caustic automatic car washes, I'm a bit apprehensive to wash MF in my own washing machine. Whether the MF is saturated with Nu Finish, Seal and Shine, Megs Ceramic Spray, polymer sealants, etc...I just do not get a warm and fuzzy feeling that:

1. All of the product has been removed from the MF
  2. The product has completely been rinsed away from the inside of the washing machine.
The last thing I want to do is start coating the inside of my machine and leave deposits on subsequent loads filled with clothes.

i throw mine out unless its water soluble chemicals.

MF rags from sams club about 50c each.

Then don't? If I have something chemical on towels, I hand agitate them in hot, strong dishwashing detergent solution to get *most* of that out before a wash cycle in a machine.

Then again some of the microfiber cloths are so cheap that I don't bother to wash them at all, instead throw away or use as a graduated system of wiping my hands. For example if my hands are more greasy than a dirty cloth is, I can get the bulk off with the dirty cloth and finish with a cleaner cloth (so it gets less dirty, slower, or just washing my hands at a sink.

However if talking about " Nu Finish, Seal and Shine, Megs Ceramic Spray, polymer sealants", I will dedicate a towel to the product and after use, moderately clean it and not care if it's spotless because it's going to be reused for the same thing, as long as it didn't get crusty, or show dirt in the case of wax/sealant/etc. As long as what remains isn't abrasive, it's the same thing you're putting on the towel next time.

i realize you need a membership for the price but

are quite decent.. not like cheap ebay/amazon ones..

They have bigger car washing ones too similar price if you compare area 18x18 vs 24x18 and 2/3 as many

not sure why it says not carried in club just saw them there 2 days ago.

They are edgeless and not annoying.. and dont fall apart.

i throw mine out unless its water soluble chemicals.

MF rags from sams club about 50c each.

Yeah, cheap as MF towels are these days it isn't worth the time. It'll cost more to wash and dry them than new ones cost

I buy MF towels by the case every few years. They only cost about 60 cents a piece. If a MF towel is not very dirty I wash it by hand using Dawn Ultra. I would not want Mirror Glaze on my shorts. 🧐

The tricks are to wash microfiber soon after using. Use the hot water setting. Run the water volume one step higher, so if you have a small load use the medium load setting. A preferred detergent would be one that is free of dyes and other things. I use All Free and Clear.

Dry until just dry. Don’t over dry in the dryer.

Some sealants are hard on microfiber. Jescar Powerlock is one.

Don’t throw microfiber away. Reuse it in different ways. A nice buffing towel can be used for the interior or household cleaning chores if it becomes no good for finishing buffing.

I wash my TigerCloth MF towels all the time! I think most of you are talking about terry cloth towels.

I wash them first in the laundry tub with dawn and hot water. Do that a few times to get the real bad ones cleaner. Those are used to clean up tools and such. The better towels are machine washable as someone else said in liquid laundry soap with no dyes or scent. If you dry in dryer do it on low heat or air dry.

I use Poorboy's Typhoon Microfiber Cleaner. Works better than any other detergent I have tried so far. I also use their Tornado Pad Cleaner.

2-3oz, hot water, double rinse. Tumble dry no heat. My paint microfibers cost a whole lot more than $0.50 each, and they stay fresh for a long time.

If I am doing something that will ruin a towel, but I still need a new, soft towel (like leveling/buffing a ceramic coating) I will cut the edges off of a Kirkland towel and discard when I'm done.

The Kirkland towels are my throw-aways. They go from paint/interior to door jambs to engine bays to tires and then they're shop towels.

I soak mine in purple power and Mexican foca detergent (it's really an industrial detergent) and hot water. I let them soak over night in a bucket, the next day I put the towels is the washing machine and then the dryer with out a dryer sheet. 99% of the oil, wax and grease are gone the only thing that will stay on them is anti size those towels go directly in the trash.

I've been washing my MF towels for years with no problems. If they are very dirty I'll spray the stain with APC and soak them for a day or two in a 5-gal pail. Wash them with Hot water on the extra rinse recycle, then dry at the lowest temp on the dryer. No fabric softener or dryer sheets.

Never thought of it like this. Been washing mine for years and no issues with our clothes at all. We use Charles Soap in our washing machine, nothing else. Never use fabric softener at all. Just fresh clean clothes.

I soak mine in hot water with oxy clean mixed in for an hour. This removes most of the wax and cleaning residue. Then into the washing machine with warm water and woolite detergent and if I have it Adams microfiber rejuvenate.

I wash and dry mine with no fabric softener, however after that they are no good for windows as they leave little shards of fiber all over the glass. Maybe I am drying on too high Heat?

I wash and dry mine with no fabric softener, however after that they are no good for windows as they leave little shards of fiber all over the glass. Maybe I am drying on too high Heat?

I get the small fibers on glass as well. Wasn’t sure if mine just need to be replaced or if it’s from washing them. Maybe a waffle weave towel for glass is better?

Back