Anyone else here a member of the Castrol SYNTEC Insider's Crew?

I signed up on Castrol's site to become a member of the SYNTEC Insider's Crew a while back, figuring maybe I'd get some free swag. Sure enough, in the mail the other day I received a big "Castrol SYNTEC" sticker along with a $5 rebate form (purchase 6 quarts of SYNTEC between April and December 2005). Thankfully I had some receipts from a previous GC purchase, so I mailed one off with my rebate form. More info here on Castrol's site: http://www.castrol.com/castrol/promotionalarticle.do?categoryId=9002667&contentId=7004676

I signed up at the Castrol webside some time ago, can't remember just when. I got the stickers and the $5 rebate form a while back as well. Just today, another envelope showed up with another $5 rebate form and, guess what, a car CD case. With all the free Valvoline I have I probably won't use the rebate form this time either.

I tried REALLY HARD to sign up and kept getting an error message or a load page failure. I will keep trying.

quote:
I tried REALLY HARD to sign up and kept getting an error message
...those silly Elves! [Wink]

quote:
Originally posted by Audi Junkie:
quote:
I tried REALLY HARD to sign up and kept getting an error message
...those silly Elves! [Wink]

Sometimes they get jealous...maybe they don't want me to get TOO CLOSE to Castrol. [Wink]

Wow, they acknowledge Amsoil on their website. I signed up. Castrol is feeling the water right now. This is a marketing survey. They are eyeing down Mobil and Amsoil.

Thanks for the link... I just joined the "Syntec User's Club" the other day when I found some 5W30 on clearance at Wally World and put it in my cousin's Explorer...we'll see how it goes...

AndyH

Bump...I rec'd an e-mail from Castrol the other day indicating that they screwed up when they sent out my welcome kit with the $5 rebate form, it should have been a $10 rebate form instead. Problem is, I already mailed in my $5 form along with a receipt I had from a previous GC purchase. Called Castrol and they claim I can send in the $10 rebate form too (along with a new Syntec oil receipt) and get $10 more. Only problem is, the supply of "green" GC has dried up around here and none of my older Syntec receipts fall within the required date-range. I may just buy 6 quarts of the "gold" GC instead...I hate to waste a nice $10 rebate.