Anyone else getting tired of video spammers on the forum?

JoeBlowSixPack
Member for one week, 6 post writes:
": Hey guys this video (from Steve Knows Cars with 1 millions subs) shows you how to remove stubborn bolts!" ****video*****

I did not come here to watch YOUR recommended videos. I really recommend a special forum for interesting videos. First, those videos are hosted off site and once the video goes, then the forum archives will be full of useless post.

I'm tired of spammers, scammers, junk mail, and click bait everywhere in life. It's like a special hell we all now have to deal with in our mail boxes, email boxes, ad blockers to use the internet, sorting thru click bait and popups, phone spam, junk on my house door, and so forth. There is a special place in hell for all these people that chew up a solid 20 minutes of my day every day.

I really just want them to all get a LIFE.

YOU make a great point. I just get so sick of hearing those phones (house and cell) ringing, then look at them and it is clearly a scammed local looking number + area code. (made up to avoid tracking) and to look like from your own location. UGH. Sometimes I look them up on internet
and get lucky (not too often) or I will do a call block and see who answers. The real strange ones are the ones who saay "were sorry this number is not in service at this time. Huh? You just called me (well probably your illegal machines). Then how about the ones that will show on the caller ID that it is YOU calling YOURSELF!!!!. :unsure: YIKES.... Darned criminals. Wouldn't it be an awesome world if they could just use some of their know how and hard work to do some good honest and productive work!?

Last edited:
If I don't recognize the number I don't pick up the phone, if it's important they will leave a message. Most people text now anyways.

I've been trying to unsubscribe or block most of the spam emails I get. It seems that if you have ever ordered or signed up for something you will end up getting at least two emails a week from that business for the rest of your life. I just started this and will see how it works on cutting down the over a dozen spam emails I get most days.

If I don't recognize the number I don't pick up the phone, if it's important they will leave a message. Most people text now anyways.

I've been trying to unsubscribe or block most of the spam emails I get. It seems that if you have ever ordered or signed up for something you will end up getting at least two emails a week from that business for the rest of your life. I just started this and will see how it works on cutting down the over a dozen spam emails I get most days.

I'm doing the same thing. Others here say it does help, we'll see.

I did not come here to watch YOUR recommended videos. I really recommend a special forum for interesting videos. First, those videos are hosted off site and once the video goes, then the forum archives will be full of useless post.

This is one of the forums where I find many of the videos worth watching. If you don't like it, you have a simple option of not clicking play. Now if you want to ban pop up adds, I am on your side!

Some of the videos are useful or funny, and others look more like self-promotion. Report as spam those that fall into the latter category, from a new member account.

Scammer phone calls, don't get me started, already waste enough time on that crap. Not everyone has the luxury of not answering a business line when it's a local # on caller ID.

Well Merry Christmas to you too. And I bet all the Jews get tired of hearing that phrase too, but they ignore it and move on. Same with videos linked here. If not interested, ignore it and move on.

Personally I'm also annoyed by scotty and a few others..
the ones who post a video link with no text, no comment, or anything and you dont even know what its about..

but some of the other videos I would have never found without bitog. South Main auto, and Cutting edge engineering come to mind.
also an occasional well done tool review is worthy.

Clickybaity junk sure is annoying though.

Some experts say that you should answer your phone when you get a call from someone you don't recognise, then don't say anything, and wait until they hang-up. Over time, this should reduce the number of spam calls that you recieve. I have been doing this and it seems that the number of spam calls that I am getting now have been greatly reduced. The people who actually have a legit reason for calling will usually shout-out your name while you are waiting.
The reason for doing this is that the computer doing the robocalls is waiting for a voice, when it doesn't hear one it assumes that your number is out of service or not a human and sends your number to the trash bin to avoid making further calls to your number. If you let your voice mail pickup, the computer hears a voice, knows that it is a live number, and puts your number back into the call rotation. This only works against the most severe robocall violators though. Fortunately, the largest number of robocalls are coming from a relatively small number of spammers/scammers.
Now, to get rid of the junk MMS text spammers... this is becoming a bigger problem.

YOU make a great point. I just get so sick of hearing those phones (house and cell) ringing, then look at them and it is clearly a scammed local looking number + area code. (made up to avoid tracking) and to look like from your own location. UGH. Sometimes I look them up on internet
and get lucky (not too often) or I will do a call block and see who answers. The real strange ones are the ones who saay "were sorry this number is not in service at this time. Huh? You just called me (well probably your illegal machines). Then how about the ones that will show on the caller ID that it is YOU calling YOURSELF!!!!. :unsure: YIKES.... Darned criminals. Wouldn't it be an awesome world if they could just use some of their know how and hard work to do some good honest and productive work!?
When I am not using my phone, it goes on airplane mode.

I do not give out my name and phone number, even when I called 911 on a drunk driver - twice - and one time they got it anyway. I spent more time arguing with them about that than calling out mile markers, or giving them the tag and description of the car...

I don't get spam calls anymore. So I must be doing something right.

Sometimes, that stuff will start up again, and die back down..

As to this forum, I don't see any video or pic spamming at all honestly, I see it eons YouTube with misleading descriptions and I have become an expert on how to scan a video and click off the minute it becomes uninteresting (like when Rainman Ray is fixing a car, I lately watch the diagnosis and initial work, but I know what reinstallation looks like so I save my time, etc.)

Original Poster, you see it on THIS forum? Or YouTube..

Some experts say that you should answer your phone when you get a call from someone you don't recognise, then don't say anything, and wait until they hang-up. Over time, this should reduce the number of spam calls that you recieve. I have been doing this and it seems that the number of spam calls that I am getting now have been greatly reduced. The people who actually have a legit reason for calling will usually shout-out your name while you are waiting.
The reason for doing this is that the computer doing the robocalls is waiting for a voice, when it doesn't hear one it assumes that your number is out of service or not a human and sends your number to the trash bin to avoid making further calls to your number. If you let your voice mail pickup, the computer hears a voice, knows that it is a live number, and puts your number back into the call rotation. This only works against the most severe robocall violators though. Fortunately, the largest number of robocalls are coming from a relatively small number of spammers/scammers.
Now, to get rid of the junk MMS text spammers... this is becoming a bigger problem.
Sometimes I'll answer the phone from an unknown number when I'm expecting a call from an unknown number. Even my "hello... hello!" they hang up on me.

Sometimes I'll answer the phone from an unknown number when I'm expecting a call from an unknown number. Even my "hello... hello!" they hang up on me.
"I'm sorry.. I appear to be having a problem with my headset! *giggidy*"

There are some that believe their "Hello" is recorded to impersonate you later.

I would answer something like, "Brown County Dispatch, what's the nature of your call?" to an unknown number. That is generic enough that you aren't impersonating, and you can then screen if it is legitimately someone you know calling from blocked (unlikely) or be like me.. I dont answer blocked calls.

Think I get your point, it is difficult to understand a post where they say "here look at this" when my attention span for most post is an instant and I am deciding of interest or not. In that instant, if I don't know what they wish to discuss or point to be made, it's probably a total waste of time and I likely won't watch a video or read an article or click a link.

Same with totally irrelevant response where someone is trying to make a joke. If the comment isn't relevant and they're just posting what they think is funny, total waste of time, not only to read the irrelevance but why would they even take the time to post it. Now if one's trying to be helpful and adds a something funny, that's different as long as it's not misconstrued as part of the helpful part, I do have a sense of humor.

Now I do appreciate when something is explained and there is context, along with a time stamp of just where to find relevance especially in a long video. There are a lot of video's where you can't find other examples and the job is being done for the first time so it isn't the best walk-through but what's available. And then the audio, music mixes that are loud and/or distracting and the yelling into a microphone. Articles and links to relevant merchandise are good too.

Back