Anyone else do this? (Hoarders take a look)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I a hoarder, an enthusiast, or just plain crazy (my family's assessment)?

I will cruise the Clearance sections of WalMart, Target, hardware stores, auto stores, etc., and anywhere else that might sell oil. I will purchase anything cheap (within reason) that I think could remotely be used someday in a car that myself or a family member owns. As a result, I have a couple shelves full of random quarts in my garage, many of which I have only one quart of. And it constantly grows.

What's the diagnosis of my condition?

...but enjoy yourself anyway. If crazy > hoarder > enthusiast: tastes like enthusiast with a hint of hoarder and a splash of crazy.

You don't know how hard I had to fight to not ask you any more questions or make any comments. I look past these types of things on this online forum all the time; I have absolutely no idea why this one caught my eye. I had a whopper on the presses not five minutes ago, and I deleted it. The previous two posts were really just me knowingly procrastinating asking the things I really wanted to ask, and saying what I wanted to say. I'm posting this as a little monument to myself. I feel giddy and free!

fruit.gif
fruit.gif
fruit.gif
fruit.gif

-

Hey bro,

I do the same; well usually I try to get at least 2 quarts of the same oil (so I can come up with some 50/50 mix) but I do have about 8 odd unpaired bottles.
Like really ain't nothing wrong with that.
Seriously.
Hmmm..... my girlfriend says I should join the OPEC
fruit.gif
fruit.gif
fruit.gif

Hey bro,

I do the same; well usually I try to get at least 2 quarts of the same oil (so I can come up with some 50/50 mix) but I do have about 8 odd unpaired bottles.
Like really ain't nothing wrong with that.
Seriously.
Hmmm..... my girlfriend says I should join the OPEC
fruit.gif
fruit.gif
fruit.gif

I'm up to 181 quarts because of clearance sales from Advance Auto Parts, AutoZone and PepBoys.

I keep them all boxed up and out of the way so my wife doesn't get mad.

quote:

Originally posted by methusaleh:
Am I a hoarder, an enthusiast, or just plain crazy (my family's assessment)?

I will cruise the Clearance sections of WalMart, Target, hardware stores, auto stores, etc., and anywhere else that might sell oil. I will purchase anything cheap (within reason) that I think could remotely be used someday in a car that myself or a family member owns. As a result, I have a couple shelves full of random quarts in my garage, many of which I have only one quart of. And it constantly grows.

What's the diagnosis of my condition?

So ..err...what's the problem
confused.gif
Looks totally normal to me.
freak2.gif

my wife thinks we at bob are driving up the price of oil. by the way i am down to 44 quarts. i have done some free oil changes for some family and friends to get rid of some old stock.
grin.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back