Anyone else do this? (Hoarders take a look)

Am I a hoarder, an enthusiast, or just plain crazy (my family's assessment)? I will cruise the Clearance sections of WalMart, Target, hardware stores, auto stores, etc., and anywhere else that might sell oil. I will purchase anything cheap (within reason) that I think could remotely be used someday in a car that myself or a family member owns. As a result, I have a couple shelves full of random quarts in my garage, many of which I have only one quart of. And it constantly grows. What's the diagnosis of my condition?

...but enjoy yourself anyway. If crazy > hoarder > enthusiast: tastes like enthusiast with a hint of hoarder and a splash of crazy.

You don't know how hard I had to fight to not ask you any more questions or make any comments. I look past these types of things on this online forum all the time; I have absolutely no idea why this one caught my eye. I had a whopper on the presses not five minutes ago, and I deleted it. The previous two posts were really just me knowingly procrastinating asking the things I really wanted to ask, and saying what I wanted to say. I'm posting this as a little monument to myself. I feel giddy and free! [Happy] [Happy] [Happy] [Happy]  -

Hey bro, I do the same; well usually I try to get at least 2 quarts of the same oil (so I can come up with some 50/50 mix) but I do have about 8 odd unpaired bottles. Like really ain't nothing wrong with that. Seriously. Hmmm..... my girlfriend says I should join the OPEC [Happy] [Happy] [Happy]

Hey bro, I do the same; well usually I try to get at least 2 quarts of the same oil (so I can come up with some 50/50 mix) but I do have about 8 odd unpaired bottles. Like really ain't nothing wrong with that. Seriously. Hmmm..... my girlfriend says I should join the OPEC [Happy] [Happy] [Happy]

I'm up to 181 quarts because of clearance sales from Advance Auto Parts, AutoZone and PepBoys. I keep them all boxed up and out of the way so my wife doesn't get mad.

quote:
Originally posted by methusaleh: Am I a hoarder, an enthusiast, or just plain crazy (my family's assessment)? I will cruise the Clearance sections of WalMart, Target, hardware stores, auto stores, etc., and anywhere else that might sell oil. I will purchase anything cheap (within reason) that I think could remotely be used someday in a car that myself or a family member owns. As a result, I have a couple shelves full of random quarts in my garage, many of which I have only one quart of. And it constantly grows. What's the diagnosis of my condition?
So ..err...what's the problem [Confused] Looks totally normal to me. [Freak]

my wife thinks we at bob are driving up the price of oil. by the way i am down to 44 quarts. i have done some free oil changes for some family and friends to get rid of some old stock. [Big Grin]