Anyone Currently Using Purolator Synthetic?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have one I picked up over the summer for my truck. Any reason not to use it? I don't see much discusssion on BITOG about them.

Plenty of people using them. All of the synthetic media filters have held up very well from what I've seen. You could score a higher efficiency model than Purolator but all of them meet oem minimum filtration.

There have been a couple of threads that show cut open PSLs. Looks fine, no issues with the full synthetic models.

The Purolator Synthetic seems to be a good filter.

I just wish they were easier to find and included with oil change specials.

I don't think you see that much on them here since availability isn't as good as some of it's competitors, the Ultra for instance can be bought at Wally's of all places.

They are good filters from all I've seen here run it with confidence.

Im using one right now. Only a couple hundred miles on it so far. They are hard to find where I am. Special order item from Pep boys.

Originally Posted By: tommygunn
The Purolator Synthetic seems to be a good filter.

I just wish they were easier to find and included with oil change specials.

Yup I have not been able to find one in AAP or any place.... I can order one and they can have it in stock in 7 days but nahhh Im not going to do that.

However if they had a special or they were on sale I would give it a try.

However I dont remember seeing a new one cut open here

I bought a large stash of Puro Synths with an AAP coupon code. I would not have bought it otherwise since I feel the Fram Ultra is better bang for the buck. I've been using them exclusively on most of my vehicles with no issues. Wire backed media is a must for my FCIs.

i hope you cut them open and post the results maybe they are ok but lately purolater's quality went way down with all the tears being reported.. If i was sure they did not tear or get that wavy media i may use them if the price was right

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back