Anyone collect flags old and new?

I have a USA Flag that has 48’stars on it. Got at garage sale for 75 cents 12 years ago. I don’t have any other than that one. I do have my late grandfather Shicks USA flag since he was an Army veteran.

I also have a 48-star flag. It's made of wool and was supposedly a gift from one of my great or great-great grandparents at Christmastime 1944, so its of WWII-era vintage. It is huge though.... Like the kind that would be flown at a large business or something.

I don't collect flags, a vexillologist , but dated a gal who's father did.
I asked him if he knew the only pennant shaped state flag (if pennant is the correct term).
He didn't know it was Ohio and his hatred of me was thus cemented.

PF52: What are its dimensions?

I also have a 48 star USA flag. It's a floor mount that came from the USO in Denver in the 50's. I worked (volunteered) there serving meals to our troops when I was a young boy. Our close family friend (and an amazing man) was the director of both the USO and the WMCA.
I love that flag! 😀

I don't collect flags, a vexillologist , but dated a gal who's father did.
I asked him if he knew the only pennant shaped state flag (if pennant is the correct term).
He didn't know it was Ohio and his hatred of me was thus cemented.

PF52: What are its dimensions?
I'll get it out tomorrow and measure. I need to find a way to get a good picture of it too!

I'll get it out tomorrow and measure. I need to find a way to get a good picture of it too!
Apologies for my late reply. I had a hard time finding a place to get a good photo of the flag without it dragging on the ground. I finally decided to bring it into the office so I could hang it from the sprinkler pipe!

It is a 5x8. I'm pretty sure it's never even been flown.

5RPFTK.jpg

Back