Anyone Change Too Often?

I got a new old truck a few weeks ago and am trying to figure out what oil it runs best on. It has only been 2 weeks since the first change but I want to try a thinner weight. Every day I convince myself to wait even though changing it now seems like fun.

When you experiment with a new car do you change oil whenever you feel like it? I really don't want to waste perfectly good oil after only a few weeks. At the same time, I don't want to wait a full year to try something else.

I got a new old truck a few weeks ago and am trying to figure out what oil it runs best on. It has only been 2 weeks since the first change but I want to try a thinner weight. Every day I convince myself to wait even though changing it now seems like fun.

When you experiment with a new car do you change oil whenever you feel like it? I really don't want to waste perfectly good oil after only a few weeks. At the same time, I don't want to wait a full year to try something else.
You retired by chance?

But he said it was an old truck . Why would you change the oil in an old vehicle after a few hundred miles ? :oops:
Because you had doubts how often the prior owner had changed oil, and want to flush it out. I don't mean use a motor flush product, just exhaust the detergents in the oil from some miles or an italian tuneup or two, then only that one short change interval.

Ideally you wouldn't buy a vehicie if you doubted that, but everything has its fair market price.

I would not change to a thinner weight just to see how it runs, if that means dropping below the manufacturer spec.

I just changed the oil in Marina's Camry only 6months/ 6 K mile before OC warning. I used WM 0w20 rated for 10K miles.

Back