Anyone avoiding Erythritol?

I use a lot of aspartame in Crystal Light lemonade that I drink to help minimize kidney stones. The theory being that the potassium citrate in the lemonade mix raised the pH of my urine to dissolve and/or prevent formation of uric acid kidney stones.
I just take potassium citrate to help with my kidney stones. Potassium citrate is actually prescribed for kidney stones, but the prescription strength version is 400 mg. Potassium citrate can be purchased over the counter, but non-prescription strength is limited to 99 mg, so you have to take several of them. Since I started taking it I haven't had a single stone (knock on wood!).

Why not just buy the powder?

I don’t have kidney stones but do have GOUT - I use it in my rehydration mix when playing pickleball or otherwise sweating
image.jpg

Last edited:
For medical reasons I am drinking a lot of beverages with this sweetener. I just emailed my cardiologist. I let you know his answer, usually he answers fast.
If for medical reasons it would seem that water or unsweetened beverages would be best, not more chemicals.

Do you have to drink something nasty that needs sweetener to cover it up?

I use an artificial sweetener derived for sugar beets or sugar cane. It is available at all grocery stores.
If I’m not mistaken, historically sweeteners that humans used came from beets. Sugar cane and sugar processing is a pretty modern (1500s and after?) process.

Unless I’m mistaken.

The first I ever heard of erythritol was an article saying it gives some people the scoots. I have avoided it since then, even when Kroger gives me coupons for free erythritol ice cream.

The first I ever heard of erythritol was an article saying it gives some people the scoots. I have avoided it since then, even when Kroger gives me coupons for free erythritol ice cream.
They are just trying to sell you more TP, diapers, and loperamide. By the way, what's the LD50 of "Chinese" food?

Last edited:
Back