Anybody using CBD as a sleep aid.

I have been using a CBD salve (dragon stuff) lately for a back issue and some minor eczema. It is amazing on both, better than any prescrip. medications, ever. I HAVE been sleeping a lot better but had not equated the two - hmmmm?

Have you tried Melatonin, it works for me but I don't need it every night.

My mom used CBD for her back, she said it helped her sleep better but not sure if it was because it eased her back pain on made her sleepy.

CBD is a tough one because 3rd party testing nor a regulatory system is in place to verify what you're buying is what you're getting. THC however doesn't have this issue, if you hold a position where consumption isn't an issue, THC would be a nice way to avoid labeling irregularities. That being said, being in Cali, you can find some great dispensaries that also sell CBD and can point you in the right direction. I use THC edibles 3-5 times a week, it's really improved my sleep and would definitely recommend it if you're in a position where you can consume it.

was
I have been using a CBD salve (dragon stuff) lately for a back issue and some minor eczema. It is amazing on both, better than any prescrip. medications, ever. I HAVE been sleeping a lot better but had not equated the two - hmmmm?

Slightly off-topic, but I have eczema on my hands that can flare up very suddenly and badly.

There’s only one product I’ve found that eradicates and/or prevents it. Gramp Lyford’s Country Salve. I don’t know what the secret to it is. I’ve tried every cream, lotion, and paste on the market (except for CBD, I must admit) and it is the only thing that works with the exception of a prescription cream. I am convinced it’s also a preventative since if I skip using it for a few days, I’ll inevitably have an eczema episode.

Reactions: JC1
Have you tried Melatonin, it works for me but I don't need it every night.
That works for those low on melatonin. Melatonin is important for a properly functioning metabolism. Studies have shown that people with metabolic disorders often lack melatonin. Melatonin is associated with insulin sensitivity and insulin release. Melatonin supplementation will increase the amount of time you spend in REM sleep and that may result in more vivid dreams.

Not CBD but it's sibling HHC. Vape, HHC, Granddaddy Purple, and sleep like a rock. Also, great pain relief and anxiety suppression.

Delta 8 gummies are effective as well.

EDIT: I only purchase from known and trusted companies that have lab data for each batch. Go to a CBD store, not your local gas station.

Be careful on the CBD. A lot of stuff may have unknown or unwanted ingredients.

Melatonin is what I use. I get the Time Release version from Natrol. 5MG. I take it 60-90 minutes before bedtime.

Long term use of Benadryl is not good.
+1
They are now saying that long term use of diphenhydramine (Benadryl) can cause dementia/alzheimer's. A better, safer, and stronger (start with half a pill, 12.5 mg) over the counter sleep aid is doxylamine (Unisom). Both are sedating antihistamines.
CBD doesn't work for me. Melatonin makes me dream like crazy in Technicolor, like I never went to sleep at all. Indica THC works for me if I do it at least a couple of hours before bed.

Last edited:
Back