Anybody use Trugreen?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got a pretty good quote from them the other day. Good enough to make me stop doing fertilizers myself. Just checking to see if anybody else uses them and what are your thoughts or results? Have 2 small indoor dogs and a toddler, so I always worry about adverse chemicals and such. Thanks for your input.

I used them for 2 years. No toddlers/dogs, so I can't comment on that.

My biggest gripe was that my neighbor's lawn looks just as good as mine, and he doesn't spend a penny on any lawn care services, so I question whether the $200 or so I'm spending a year really has any effect. I haven't resigned TruGreen for this year yet. I'm thinking I can do my own fertilizing a couple of times a year, although I haven't really factored in the cost of fertilizer or how to figure out what the right fertilizer should be depending on my soil's pH level.

If I can get TruGreen to come close to $100/year, then maybe I'll resign...

I used them a few years back. My biggest complaint was they always came at the wrong time (either right before or right after a rain). I found I could do it cheaper my self by using the Scott's 4-step seasonal program, so that is what I've done for the last four year, and my yard looks as good as or better then my neighbors who use Trugreen.

I try to not put any fertilizers on my lawn. I do use lime, etc., but especially limit the synthetic stuff. Very non-environmentally friendly - I dont want all those chemicals where I walk and exist... Plus they go into the drinking water supply, etc. No thanks.

Additionally, Id rather they be used to grow me food than to make me a green patch, which grows around here without them anyway...

We used to use the Scotts 4 step, then we went with Scotts Professional service for 2 years, and for the past 3 years Trugreen. I think they did a better job then the Scotts pro people. Lawn looks better. Will continue to use them.

The perfect green Lawn and "fairway-esque" grass is a bunch of *!@*$@#^! What Waste of time and resources and dilution of toxic waste - almost as bad as habitually ironing shirts. Time to reassess investing in this american nightmare. In the small skirt around our home, we have natural clover and plantain and moss and wildflowers. The rest is natural woods, as I border a NH State Forest preserve.

we own a few acres of beautiful land with a pond.

Whatever God lets grow is it. Never fertilize, water or spray, just let it naturally work it out.

Works great, and is quite beautiful year round.

Funny, I just fired Trugreen. Should have done it years ago.

My lawn never looked the way it should. All I ever got was excuses--and never their fault. To much rain, too little rain, grubs, fungus, mowing height, evil spirits, blah blah.

Plus, they were constantly calling wanting to sell me additional services. Really a nuisance.

My advice is to look elsewhere.

I watched the Scotts "professionals" come and fertilize my neighbors yard today. Never mind that we'll still see more snow.

I'm not sure what they think they're fertilizing. The grass will still be dormant for another month.

Crooks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back