Anybody Switch from Electric to Gas Appliances?

Why is it that you prefer your ovens to be electric?

One time, we were visiting my wife’s parents, and cooked meatloaf for their family. They have a gas, convection, oven, and it cookEd the meatloaf, far better than our electric ovens at home.

so, my experience was the opposite.
They just have a better recipe! :)

I would prefer a electric oven. The Broiler work much better with a calrod. Temp control ca n be more accurate.

Gas is "wet" heat due to the water formed in the oxidation process of the gas. You can make an E oven wet by adding a small pan of water. I see this done for breadmaking and cake baking.

We LOVE Chef Paul Prudhomme's Cajun Meatloaf recipe. That's Dom Deluise twin brother from a different mother !

Another hint: cold medium Salsa is a great topping for a thick a slice meatloaf on your plate

images.jpg

Talk about cheap, it has 2x3 studs so virtually no insulation in the walls.

Yea, there's a long "proud" tradition of building houses in the DMV as cheap as possible and selling them for as much money as possible. Largely due to a transient population that typically sells them and moves on within 10 years.

I used to think the older houses in the DMV were built better until I saw a few...

You realize this isn't really a thing, right?
Remember that time you and others said that gas stoves getting banned in certain locales “Isn’t really a thing”?

🤣

My house was built in 2001 with a gas water heater, furnace and fireplace, and an electric stove, which seemed stupid. A plumber was able to run a new gas line down the back wall of the kitchen, so we installed a gas cooktop where the electric cooktop was. Couldn't be happier, especially when we have power outages.

Back