Anybody near Tombstone or Bisbee,Az?

Every 4th of July weekend my wife makes me pick a place to visit. I feel that I belong in Arizona. Last year we went to Goldfield.

This year I chose Tombstone. Looking like we will be staying in Bisbee.

Any recommendations of things to do or see?

I still haven't been there, have always wanted to go. Also on my list down there is the Chiracahua Mountains.

Tombstone is a tourist trap. The best thing there IMO is the old courthouse full of historical artifacts. It's actually a state historic park. Tombstone Courthouse The graveyard at the end of town is interesting.

Kartchner Caverns isn't far away and worth seeing. It's a live cavern so they have procedures and restrictions. Kartchner Caverns

Arizona is spiking with C-19, with no end in sight. Crowded tourist destinations might not be the best places to be on the 4th. (Please don't lock this thread because I brought it up.)

At Tombstone a couple of years ago one of the shootout actors shot another one with real bullets he forgot he had in his pistol. Not sure what to say about that...

The Pima Air Space Museum in Tucson is neat if you're into jets and planes. Pima Air Space Museum

We haven't been to Bisbee yet but it's on our list. Spend lots of money.
thumbsup2.gif

Tombstone...I'd go there again...

2014, the guy who ran the indoor range heard the accents and stated that his name was Kevin Rudd...I reached into my backpack, and pulled out a ten pack of teabags...brewed by our former prime minister Kevin Rudd...synchronicity.

It was a good day...I should have bought that Camaro and imported it to Oz, and stayed drinking beer in the sun...

Originally Posted by Chris142
Every 4th of July weekend my wife makes me pick a place to visit. I feel that I belong in Arizona. Last year we went to Goldfield.

This year I chose Tombstone. Looking like we will be staying in Bisbee.

Any recommendations of things to do or see?

Southern Arizona in July is your idea of fun on a long weekend?
smile.gif

Why those towns in particular? Have you already seen other parts of Arizona (other than Goldfield)? Arizona has a lot to offer, unless you just want to burn up in the desert. Lake Powell, Lake Mead, Prescott, Sedona, Lake Havasu/Havasu City, Flagstaff, Petrified Forest...

Back