Anybody looking forward to to the VW amarok?

The amarok might be a truck i'd get if it ever came to the united states,

I'd doubt they would make their trucks with the diesel v6's or diesel at all,
so if it were to come to the US, it would either be an already weak 2.0...
if there would be additional engine options it would either revive the 2.5 (really low chance)
or a vw v8 , or a v6 configuration.

Anybody looking forward for it to come to the US?

I'm in (y)

Especially the leaf spring rear suspension and rwd. A 4.0 or 4.2, v8 would be nice also a wolfsburg model

They recently stopped selling the Amarok, but it's still on their German website (probably since some dealers still have new cars sitting on their lots):

• 3,0 l Hubraum
  • 190 kW starker 6-Zylinder Turbodieselmotor
  • Drehmoment bis zu 580 Nm
  • kurzzeitige Leistung bis zu 200 kW dank Overboost-Funktion
  • 8-Gang-Automatikgetriebe

Obviously Audi V6 TDI and ZF 8HP (both same as Touareg). Some years ago (after Diesel Gate) they stopped selling the 2.0 TDI and confined on the V6 TDI version as the only option. That's for Europe at least.
Not sure on that, but I heard they plan on releasing a 2nd gen Amarok along with Ford.

The amarok might be a truck i'd get if it ever came to the united states,

I'd doubt they would make their trucks with the diesel v6's or diesel at all,
so if it were to come to the US, it would either be an already weak 2.0...
if there would be additional engine options it would either revive the 2.5 (really low chance)
or a vw v8 , or a v6 configuration.

Anybody looking forward for it to come to the US?

It's a rebadged Ford Ranger, it will have Ford engines. The NEW Amarok is anyway.

A few years back there were stories of Ford partnering with VW to bring the Amarok to the US. We were told that there might be a Ford version. It looks like Ford went their own way with the introduction of the 2022 Maverick.

Not interested. If I'm going to buy a truck, I'm going to buy all the truck.

The VW Caddy panel-side is more my style of utility vehicle. When are we getting those?

Imagine for a moment just how many different sizes and types of fasteners a vehicle that is produced by a partnership between Ford and VW will have. You'll need three different kinds of pliers, snap ring tools, three socket sets, triple square drivers, torx drivers... and that's just to get the belly pan off to be able to change the oil!

Imagine for a moment just how many different sizes and types of fasteners a vehicle that is produced by a partnership between Ford and VW will have. You'll need three different kinds of pliers, snap ring tools, three socket sets, triple square drivers, torx drivers... and that's just to get the belly pan off to be able to change the oil!

The front wheels will have lug nuts and the backs will have lug bolts! 🤪

I remember RooflessVW when rooflessVW was cool.

Everyone company is entitled to the cimmaron moment. VW at one time rebadged Toyota trucks.
VW's Cimarron Moment (I'm capitalizing it) was the Routan. A somehow worse Caravan that was foisted upon the unsuspecting brand-loyal with large families. "Finally!" people said, "a VW van in the USA!"

Cylinder head problems, cooling system problems, transmission problems, TIPM problems, VW dealers not knowing how to use the Chrysler-specific diagnostic software, VW not stocking parts so you had to order stuff from Dodge/Chrysler... just a godawful terrible, no-good, very bad mess.

I thought the European version was interesting. Don't think I am very interested in a Ford/VW collaboration though.

the things are all over south america and are supposedly good trucks.

regardless the midsize pickup market is saturated and VW knows there’s no money to be had in the states. too many choices

VW and Ford partnership isn't new.

They did have a joint people mover at one time, with the Ford Galaxy and VW Sharan for their respective 1st generations

7M8_VW_Sharan.jpg

Ford_Galaxy_-_first_generation.jpg

Not interested. If I'm going to buy a truck, I'm going to buy all the truck.

The VW Caddy panel-side is more my style of utility vehicle. When are we getting those?
Yeah the caddy panel side is waay better, also a longer bed.

I thought you were in the US, your post in the career thread seemed like you had low prices for the US. May I ask where you are located?

Back