Anybody know anything about Citgo gas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was filling up at a Citgo station last night so I assumed I was getting Citgo gas. All of the sudden, a tanker pulls in and it says " Sabra Technologies" on the side of the tanker. Are they affiliated with Citgo or am I paying for Citgo and getting plain old El Cheapo gas?

The only gas stations around here in louisville that I see actually use there owm trucks are Shell...Thortons and Swifty....all of the others just have a no name hauler put the gas in the tanks....Man I loved my Texaco toy tanker truck when I was a kid....

Where in PA did you see this? I think most citgos are ethanol free, depending on region.

Many stations, including "name-brand", get deliveries from independent tanker jobbers. Citgo is pretty much a generic unleaded. Won't do anything "bad", but not on par with BP, Shell, Chevron, Mobil etc. either. (Plus Citgo brand is owned by evil-dictator Chevez's Venezuela state oil company.)

Due to Chavez I don't even consider Citgo to be gas. I simply drive by them and go to Shell, BP, Phillips 66 etc.

I wouldn't take Chavez "gas" if it was free!

I know this isn't the actual topic but feel obliged to offer.

Originally Posted By: 65convertible
Due to Chavez I don't even consider Citgo to be gas. I simply drive by them and go to Shell, BP, Phillips 66 etc.

+1
Couldn't agree more!
It may be fine gas, but I won't give my hard earned money to that evil man!

People have been boycotting them for quite awhile now. Chavez is bad folks so we dont put anymore money in his pocket if we can help it. So I will use all my internet expert powers and say Citgo gas is the worst gas on the planet. Full of bugs and water. My cousins next door neighbors wife's best friend died after putting Citgo gas in her mini van.

I've gotten a "check engine" light three times in the entire life of my 12 year old Chevy pickup. Once, when I put the distributor back in one tooth off after doing an intake manifold gasket repair. Twice after the only two times I put Citgo gas into the tank (I'm a slow learner). My limited deductive skills tell me not to use it anymore.

Mr. Pumpkin Head (Chavez) is just good another reason.

FXjohn I don't have the time to detail Chavez. I doubt by your second question that it would stick and am sure that you would forget again.

Either you are too young or never had to opportunity to have been personally involved with countries that hate our country or you may just not care.

In either case it is a sad case of events!

FXjohn I don't have the time to detail Chavez. I doubt by your second question that it would stick and am sure that you would forget again.

Either you are too young or never had to opportunity to have been personally involved with countries that hate our country or you may just not care.

In other words, you don't really know

Oh please.............

Explain the over 10,000 stations. The three refineries. Wouldn't be here if we didn't want to do business with him would they?

Ah, the price of importing 40% of our oil needs.

I've used Citgo. Never had a problem with it. It isn't Top Tier fuel, but if it was a choice of either walking home or buying Citgo, then I choose Citgo.

Last edited:

Plus 1 ^^^^^^^^^^
thumbsup2.gif

Last edited:
Here in Chicago, I've NEVER had a problem with Citgo gas. I use the 91 octane in both my cars {97 Infiniti & 2004 Mercury}. It's not a Top Tier gas as pointed out but it works.

...Or Nigerian gas, Angolan Gas, etc.

I could care less about Chavez although I he's a phony and an idiot. But I do try to buy gas from Canadian or Pennsylvanian suppliers...

In any case, the problem I have with Citgo gas isn't political, it's that the crude from Venezuela isn't as ideal for refining fuel and lubricants from...

Last edited:
I have a CITGO gas station right down the street form me, walking distance. Its also a 24 huor conveniance store. My 95 neon seems like running on citgo gas, despite its known to have a less additive package, comapred to top tier or mobil. Its gas, yes, but with a less aditive package.

14 of 19 9/11 hi-jackers were from Saudi Arabia. They killed 3000+ people. Last time I checked, Chavez hadn't killed that many North Americans. Yet we pump gas refined from Saudi crude all day without a problem, and pick on Chavez.

Hmmmmmm......

If osamma bin ladin (no caps = no respect) was in Saudi Arabia right now, he'd be beheaded. If he was the king of Saudi Arabia, then you might have an argument. He isn't. Chavez isn't some smuck running around in the jungle. He is the leader of a nation, attempting to become it's dictator for life.

Chavez hasn't had the chance to kill Americans yet. He is still in the phase of driving his own country into the ground. If he gets the chance, that will come later.

Subscribe to a repudable newspaper and read it. Chavez is a bad man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back