Anybody know anything about Citgo gas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll subscribe to a newspaper when you learn to spell and write in full sentences...how about that?

Originally Posted By: ArrestMeRedZ
If osamma bin ladin (no caps = no respect) was in Saudi Arabia right now, he'd be beheaded. If he was the king of Saudi Arabia, then you might have an argument. He isn't. Chavez isn't some smuck running around in the jungle. He is the leader of a nation, attempting to become it's dictator for life.

Chavez hasn't had the chance to kill Americans yet. He is still in the phase of driving his own country into the ground. If he gets the chance, that will come later.

Subscribe to a repudable newspaper and read it. Chavez is a bad man.

I would much rather live in Venezuela under the Chavez regime, than in the "Kingdom" of reactionary Islamic secret police forces insuring women are properly burkaed...Since when has the US ever cared about dictators? And since when does the US care when some tin pot buffoon drives his country into the ground?

And it was as much the system of Saudi Arabia that contributed to 9/11. A system that permits radical clerics to preach hate towards the West and blame everyone except their own gov't for their problems as well as a huge oil-for-welfare state with large numbers of unemployed young men collecting checks to attend such madrases...they only recently began the crackdown on al Qaida when it became a problem for them...

Ah the Sauds. Where their moral police beat a man for kissing his wife in public. Where you don't want to get caught in a car with a member of the opposite sex you're not related to. Where [censored] activity or cross dressing can lead to imprisonment up to and including execution. A country classed by the US as a Tier 3 in human trafficking.

On March 11, 2002 a fire at a Makkah girls' school killed at least fourteen students. The event was especially notable due to complaints made that Saudi Arabia's religious police stopped schoolgirls from leaving the burning building and hindered rescue workers because they were not wearing correct Islamic dress

But that's OK. We like them. But it's Chavez, who is nothing more than a loudmouth, that attracts the attention.

Originally Posted By: Nickdfresh
Since when has the US ever cared about dictators?

This is sadly the truth.

Since Cuba is currently developing its deep water oil fields, it probably won't be too long before we'll be seeing "Castro" branded gas stations across the street from Citgo.

Originally Posted By: addyguy
I'll subscribe to a newspaper when you learn to spell and write in full sentences...how about that?

Nice snipe. You must win a lot of discussions that way.
LOL.gif

I would hate to be misinterpreted as sticking up for radical islamists. I'm not. [Maybe I should say, I'm not, you smarmy...to make it a complete sentence?]

The point I'm attempting to make is Chavez is a lot more than some loudmouth tinpot S.A. dictator. At least he is attempting to be a lot more. All kidding aside, do some research on the man concerning what he has done to his country, and is attempting to do with South and Central America.

Alright, I'll tone this down so it doesn't get locked. Sorry for a cheap shot.

Chavez isn't a 'good, democratic leader' by a country mile. But, you have to admit, so far, that he has been a lot more talk than action. He's not really in a position 'to be a lot more', and won't be for a while.

Must REALLY chafe you that Obama is making a real effort to be nice to him, and get along with him better...that's not a 'shot' really curious what your thoughts are on that.....

Nope, not offended, just friendly bantering, hence the smiley.

I'm kind of agreement with you about C being more talk than action, but the actions he has taken do worry me. He's in the process of destroying his country's oil infrastructure, while at the same time increasing expectations. It is a bad combination. He has looted and booted major foreign oil companies, and no longer has the technical expertise in-country to fix what he has screwed-up. I'm not sure any foreign companies will go back in and invest again when he's already demonstrated he will steal everything they put in place at the first opportunity.

I'm not at all worried about his purchase of Russian military equipment, and willingness to host them in Venezuela. If he was cozying up to China, I would be a lot more worried.

If the President is able to win Chavez over by smoozing him, I'm all for it. I don't think President Obama's overture to him will cause any harm. I'm a bit more concerned about his bowing to the King of Saudi Arabia.

Besides cozying up to Iran I don't like Chavez because he blames the white man for all the evils in South America and the world.

CHAVEZ may allow RUSSIAN bombers to land in his hometown as well . We don't buy CITGO or LUKOIL . The RUSSIAN government is getting very bold with new exploration for oil and other resources . Then uses it's power over EUROPE ( blackmail ) . Makes you wonder if there's an agenda to bring us down with economics . RUSSIA does military maneuvers with CHINA and sells them military equipment . Plus the recent agreement to build a pipeline to CHINA from RUSSIA . Then the IRANIAN nuclear program being assisted by the RUSSIANS . Oh , may use CUBA to land warplanes as well , then warships possibly . Sound familiar ? Could be the reason why we're getting chummy with CUBA . Then , the blocking of sanctions on NORTH KOREA by CHINA and RUSSIA , who the N.KOREAN gov't could sell nukes ( technology , SYRIA ) or missile(s) or the technology to the rogues in this world . Step on someones toes and they kick you in the shin in return . This world is run by too many STOOGES . Yuck ! Yuck ! ;- )

Last edited:
Every year when I go fishing in corpus christi (going tomarrow!!!!!!!!!!!!) I see a citgo oil or gas refinery?? not sure which one right off the highway there. I dont think that everyone who works there is from venezuela! Also have any of you been to Venezuela? The people there are poor and not like work in the walmart or mcdonalds in west virginia poor. The are like live in house made of cardboard poor. I think as americans watching the news and hearing only our side of the story, people dont really understand the situation and history of the U.S. and other countrys and latin america. We (the world) has always just taken what we want from latin america and not paid them what the fair market price was for their products. He is trying to help his people the only way he knows how and that is trying to get top dollar for the natuarl resourses that they have, and he's trying to keep all that money at home.

I still think we should be getting/taking oil bennifits from Iraq!!!! After all,we are going broke here for helping them.
smirk2.gif

Last edited:
should of let RUSSIA get that contract . Originally that would have been theirs before our government kindly interrupted , if I remember correctly . ;- )

here's the basics . We the people need to wake up and become less self centered and focus on the well being of the world as a whole . Starting with fuel efficiency of vehicles and homes . This also includes driving habits . Just think , if we all / most drove vehicles that got 30 or more miles to the gallon overall ( not highway ) and drove more reasonable gas would be more like $1.25 a gallon for a national average ( an example ) . Therefore making heating oil and other fuels less as well . This would exclude those who need larger vehicles for construction , etc. This also would help put more money in the pockets of the people ( for the people ) that would help the economy . Thus , there would be less fuss amongst us . :- )

Last edited:
Here's a theory . CHINESE buffets that are present and popping up all over this land are sponsored by the CHINESE government to fatten us all and make for pour health . That way they can either invade with their military because most would be too overweight to defend or ruin us with obesity , sodium , or M.S.G. related health expenses . The secret document is labeled " CHINESE buffets ; influx by reflux " . :- )

Last edited:
being overweight from CHINA buffets would cause the use of more gas , diesel , and jet fuel . Making for poorer mileage and the higher fuel prices needed to hurt the economic growth . :-0

Smokey nails it. Am sure the gov't has a list of countries we'd like to tell to screw off, but are too busy sucking up for oil so we can let joe schmoe idle away in his 16 MPG whatsamajigger in the McD's drive through without inconveniencing him.

That list has been tucked in some safe, with neither party developing the stones to implement it.

As far as Chavez, he says some stuff I'd probably say if I were in his position of power...
wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back