Anybody ever run this?

Yes. I use the syn blend 15w-40 in my mixed fleet of gas and Diesel engines.

Refined oil is no different than virgin oil. The base stock never wears out, it only becomes contaminated and looses it’s additives and viscosity modifiers.
When it is recycled it is distilled under high heat and pressure, what’s left is clean base stock.
it is then turned back into usable ot or oil by adding viscosity modifiers and all of the other additives needed to make motor oil.
You’d be surprised at home many brands of oil you‘ve bought are refined oils.
Safety-Kleen is the #1 oil recycler in the nation. The US military uses their oils.

Lots of fleets use it.
Both the city and county I worked for used it for all their vehicles (ambulances, fire trucks, police, garbage truck, maintenance vehicles, etc).
It was either 15w-40 for diesel vehicles or 10w-30 for all gasoline (regardless of the "required" spec).

I retired this year from the Indiana State Police, it’s what we’ve used for the last twenty years at least. The entire fleet gets their semi synthetic 5W-20.

It’s the right thing to do, and it makes a great show and tell at your kids or grandkids’ school, but the vast majority of used oil is burned in oil furnaces. I guess this is a growth opportunity for Safety Clean or competitors. I wonder if they can get carbon credits to sell.

Been around lot longer than 10 years.
Was WM house brand oil in Canada for years.
Don’t see it at retail anymore, but it’s all a lot of big-city bud fleets use

Been around lot longer than 10 years.
Was WM house brand oil in Canada for years.
Don’t see it at retail anymore, but it’s all a lot of big-city bud fleets use
We have used that at my work way before I started. Used to use just 5w30, now we also use 0w20

VOA Safety Kleen 5w30 Dex1 Gen2

Attachments

• 2BAAD92D-0C9D-4F5D-BEAA-301AFD24C9C2.jpeg
    2BAAD92D-0C9D-4F5D-BEAA-301AFD24C9C2.jpeg
    66.5 KB · Views: 48
Back