anybody deal with a deadbeat car insurance company

And it worked? You just made up some legal letterhead as a Letter of Representation?

Insurance is supposed to cover you everywhere. Sometimes the police won't come out if it's in a parking lot or someone's driveway unless the damage is extensive.

Progressive will subrogate for your deductible, let them deal with the hassle. It might take a few months. I doubt your rates will go up unless you have multiple accidents but it's very hard to answer this question.
My insurance adjuster tried shorting me out of $1700 in value of my vehicle. I sent the guy three other vehicles of the same make and model and within 2-3,000 miles difference. I had to call his boss show what I had found and wanted a fair settlement.

my insurance --farmers-- was almost worse at trying to screw me than erie was when I got rearended and it totalled my 2009 elantra touring. (note elantra touring is not an elantra its a mini wagon which IIRC is called the i30 in europe)

typical super lowball, busy not calling back, sent check with wrong amount, send check with name misspelt, sent check with my relatives name on it with mine (this is when I was in my twenties) Which was odd since I had my own policy, own address and was only name on car....
Eventually got what I wanted. then
tryed not paying for the rental.. I had rental coverage..
you can bet farmers was a memory shortly after this.

Insurance companies even the ones you pay are on THEIR side.. not your side.. that being said good ones are less shiesty than bad ones. So far state farm 10x better experience.. but this would vary based on location possibly.

Luckily I can find cheaper car insurance and cheaper house insurance but combined the best I found beat state farm by 8$ per year.. not switching for that.

Travelers was pretty bad to deal with. I had hail damage in 2017. ALL of my neighbors got a new roof. ALL of my neighbors with vinyl siding got new siding. I had holes blown in my siding and lost a few roof shingles from it. Travelers told me that the siding and roof (roof was installed in 2012) were too old and they wouldn't replace any of it. I did get a check for new windows.

Then in 2019 our Nissan got rear ended by someone with Travelers. They told their insurance the car was driveable and Travelers took A MONTH to send out an adjuster. The car did drive home from the scene of the wreck.

• It had no tail lights or brake lights
  • No exhaust
  • When turned on , it would spray gas onto what was left of the exhaust

The car should have been totaled. Took a month to fix. And needed a lot of extra work.

After that I dropped Travelers.

Thanks we put in a call to Progressive they are going to subrogate the claim for us.

What a pain. I had to go through the subrogation process with my insurance (Allstate) years ago. At least for me, Allstate wanted me to deal solely with the at-fault party's insurance first. It wasn't a one call fixes all process. Your insurance is not necessarily going to jump at the chance to do all the legwork for you. Especially today. I think people forget that today is a lot different than 2+ years ago.

I dread insurance collision work. It's usually fine, but it ain't great.

What a pain. I had to go through the subrogation process with my insurance (Allstate) years ago. At least for me, Allstate wanted me to deal solely with the at-fault party's insurance first. It wasn't a one call fixes all process. Your insurance is not necessarily going to jump at the chance to do all the legwork for you. Especially today. I think people forget that today is a lot different than 2+ years ago.

Allstate is seen as one of the worse next to Geico from what a body shop told me.

The scum scooped from the bottom of the barrel here.
The funny part is Geico along with Benjamin Moore, KraftHeinz, Dairy Queen and Duracell is Warren Buffett’s moneymaker and along with Johns Mansville, Kirby vacuums, Fruit of the Loom and mall jewelry(not Zales/Jared/Kay) are Berkshire Hathaway’s main consumer-facing businesses. But Warren Buffett pushes his cut-rate insurance company, fast food chain and ketchup/battery brands more than his paint and underwear.

Reactions: JTK

When you file the claim with your insurance company at the onset, they will be going after the other insurance company to recuperate the money they spent on the claim.

When my car got totalled under Geico, they went after the insurance company of the guy that caused the accident, and got some additional money to reimburse me for my deductible I paid.

Car rentals... that's why I pay for it as part of my premium.

Well the end of this story and thread...

Progressive must have made one phone call because Trexis One paid the supplement today in full with no questions to the body shop.

Parts are on order and wife's car will be done in a few days. I'll take a few photos.

Are you saying that the quality differs from private party, non-insurance billing?

Back