Anybody bought tires at the Ford store?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right now they're running a $100 rebate on a set of 4, with "low" prices to boot, price matching or beating, etc.

Has anybody bought tires from a Ford store? Are all lines within their available brands obtainable, or are we looking at OEM models only?

I would think they could get you almost any tire you want. I've never bought from a Ford store but I did get Bridgestone Blizzaks at a Chevrolet/Buick dealer once. They are buying tires from the same tire distributors as any tire dealer would, that is my guess.

I called two Ford places yesterday for a quote on 4 tires.....BOTH places were $200 / $300 more than from a private little guy....I tried.
BOB

The least expensive tires I could find when I purchased tires for my pickup early last summer and the car last month were from Discount Tire Direct. Most local retailers were about $100 for just the tires (not including mounting/balancing and disposal).

I didn't call a Ford dealership, but I'd be very surprised if they were price competitive with Discount Tire, especially when, since they were an on line purchase, I didn't pay sales tax.

I tried going the Discount Tire route with my Mom's Mercury GM, but she didn't feel comfortable and insisted she wanted to to go the Ford Store. The car had Michelins and she wanted them again, and as I recall, with the rebate, the cost was just slightly better than DT, NTB, or any other tire-store. If she was willing to go with another brand she'd have saved some money, but she wanted Michelins.

And like they say, if Mama ain't happy, no one's happy. So we went to the Ford Store.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted By: N3OO
I called two Ford places yesterday for a quote on 4 tires.....BOTH places were $200 / $300 more than from a private little guy....I tried.
BOB

They are required to beat the price. Did you TELL them you could get them $300 cheaper elsewhere? They would have beaten it.

I saw a commercial last night with Mike Rowe where they claim to beat any advertised price. Now they might try to make up the difference in installation costs but its worth a try

Originally Posted By: someguy
I saw a commercial last night with Mike Rowe where they claim to beat any advertised price. Now they might try to make up the difference in installation costs but its worth a try

Installation is free.

Originally Posted By: Ken2
Worth a try. It is probably a come-on to get you into the habit of going there for their over priced services.

I found Ford was actually cheaper for a LOT of work than the independent I used to deal with.

There is a Ford dealer around here that we take our work vehicles to when they need servicing. In their service "tunnel" that you pull your car into, they have a small display with a few examples of current tire prices, and, I must say, they are priced pretty well.

Originally Posted By: Klutch9
There is a Ford dealer around here that we take our work vehicles to when they need servicing. In their service "tunnel" that you pull your car into, they have a small display with a few examples of current tire prices, and, I must say, they are priced pretty well.

Exactly the same deal, even up here. They definitely are proud of their tire prices, and it would appear, justifiably so.

I called the Parts Dept. last night for a price check. I want the new GY Tripletread All Season, 215/60-16, and in a T rating. Their price is $168 each out the door (includes de-mounting, mounting, balancing on their Hunter 9700, and new valves). I only pay extra for tax and a old tire disposal fee (total about $15 each). This price is before the $100 rebate from Ford. Tirerack price is $141 each plus shipping of about $67 for a set of four. On top of that I need to pay someone to mount and balance them, adding at least another $80 if I buy from Tirerack.

You do the math. I'm getting them local.

The Ford dealers down by me will match any price..They do not tell you this when you go there and ask them about tires..You have to mention it first..The down side is trying to get a tire fixed due to a nail or screw or something else which happens alot down here..It can take hours so for now I get all my tires now at Costco then take the car to Ford for an alignment.

how do they stop people who are in a position like me?

I could easily make an estimate for my wife's car from my shop, put the price of the tires for cheaper then I can buy them from my wholesaler(who I know sells to my local ford dealer) and send her down there, they will even get mounted and balanced for free...

I REALLY feel tempted to do this to some big name tire stores where they say if they can't beat the price they will give u 100 cash lol..........

Originally Posted By: 38sho
how do they stop people who are in a position like me?

I could easily make an estimate for my wife's car from my shop, put the price of the tires for cheaper then I can buy them from my wholesaler(who I know sells to my local ford dealer) and send her down there, they will even get mounted and balanced for free...

I REALLY feel tempted to do this to some big name tire stores where they say if they can't beat the price they will give u 100 cash lol..........

Since you are in the business you know the more you buy the better price you get.

Originally Posted By: CROWNVIC4LIFE
The Ford dealers down by me will match any price..They do not tell you this when you go there and ask them about tires..You have to mention it first..The down side is trying to get a tire fixed due to a nail or screw or something else which happens a lot down here..It can take hours so for now I get all my tires now at Costco then take the car to Ford for an alignment.

Services is an importance factor when deciding where/how to buy tires. Services at Discount Tire/America's Tire is fairly fast, if you have an appointment you can get your tires balance and rotate in less than 30 minutes.

Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR
Originally Posted By: CROWNVIC4LIFE
The Ford dealers down by me will match any price..They do not tell you this when you go there and ask them about tires..You have to mention it first..The down side is trying to get a tire fixed due to a nail or screw or something else which happens a lot down here..It can take hours so for now I get all my tires now at Costco then take the car to Ford for an alignment.

Services is an importance factor when deciding where/how to buy tires. Services at Discount Tire/America's Tire is fairly fast, if you have an appointment you can get your tires balance and rotate in less than 30 minutes.

This is how my Ford dealer is. I show up for my rotation and I'm done in probably 20 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back