Anybody allergic artificial sweetener Aspartame ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: BuickGN
I'm also surprised it's legal.

I had days at work where I would be so confused I would have to leave a meeting and go home or a while. People would be talking to me but I couldn't really comprehend what they were saying.

If you're looking for an excellent low dose anxiety medicine to get you through until the withdrawals go away, clonopin is great. I took the minimal amount that worked, less than what was prescribed for me and there were no side effects like drowsiness. I was on anti-depressants and anti anxieties for years, totally not needed now.

I did consume at least a 12 pack a day, sometimes double that.

Yeah he had me on Paxil which didn't work, now I'm on Zoloft and it works somewhat but gives me headaches (not migraines), so I'm currently in the process of coming off that slowly and have some Effexor lined up to start once I get down to 25mg. He wants to try me on that as my mom/sister are on Effexor right now and it works great for them so he is thinking it might respond well to my chemistry. It's hit or miss with these SRI/SNRI drugs.

I'm just PO-ed that I have to be on it because of a stupid soft-drink that I used to consume gallons of per day and was told it was safe! YEAH RIGHT!
mad.gif

The company I work for serves Coke products and I have had the conversation with the Regional manager while on tour with him and he is a very good salesman at telling me how safe it is, the tests they have done etc. He completely dismisses my problems as "coincidence" then tells me how much Apartame containing products they sell etc.
29.gif

Glad I know now... Hoping Effexor will work. If not I will suggest your drug to my GP next time I see him.

cheers3.gif

Originally Posted By: BuickGN
I did consume at least a 12 pack a day, sometimes double that.

A 12 pack per DAY? Jumpin jiminy. I think we found the problem.

I drink one Diet Coke most days. Haven't seen any negatives. That or Coke Zero. Yum!

I drink diet cola every day, have for years, and I never have any problems like you guys describe.
Then again, neither do I take anti-depressants or any other medication other than fish oil and vitamins, and the occasional aspirin or Advil.

I've been a daily Diet soda drinker for the past ten years. I converted from regular soda to Diet because both my parents were diagnosed with diabetes. It hasn't slowed down my consumption of the diet stuff. I put down at least 6 two liter bottles a week. I've had no problems. but I'm not on any medications at all. I'll get headaches if I don't have a diet soda in the mornings, but I figure that's caffeine withdrawal. I've read that warning about cancer, but what doesn't kill you now a days?

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Cutehumor
I've been a daily Diet soda drinker for the past ten years. I converted from regular soda to Diet because both my parents were diagnosed with diabetes.

And in those ten years you have not heard of a single study that has suggested an increased risk of developing Type 2 diabetes due to diet soda consumption?
shocked2.gif

http://www.bidmc.org/YourHealth/HealthResearchJournals.aspx?ChunkID=487730

You should stop drinking that garbage all the time. Broccoli can supposedly help reverse diabetes.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/7541639.stm

Originally Posted By: Cutehumor
I've read that warning about cancer, but what doesn't kill you now a days?

You will take that warning more seriously by the time its too late to do anything about it. Our regulatory system doesn't allow warnings to be printed for any trivial risks, or very many real risks.

I used to consume many cans of pop a day, usually Coca Cola non-diet of course. I finally got myself stopped from drinking it and I feel much better. You would be amazed how much of a difference it makes not ingesting all that [censored]. Fast food was also something I ate several times a week and I do not eat fast food anymore. I noticed a weight loss as well as feeling less tired and having more energy.

"Therefore, this study can not prove that diet soda causes type 2 diabetes. This study can only suggest that there may be a link. Further research with stricter study designs will help determine if diet sodas contribute directly to the development of type 2 diabetes. At this point, it is difficult to explain such a connection."

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/12155793

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back