Any youtubers here can tell me how to add audio to a video?

I have a video and want to add an audio file to it. I go to the youtube support page https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/94316?hl=en# which says, 4. From the left menu, click Editor. But there is no Editor there.

utube.jpg

So how do you add audio without that?

Why not just add the audio before uploading? Surely if you're putting videos up on YT, you're familiarizing yourself with some sort of client side video editor?

I've only had one video with audio and that was three years ago. I have no idea how I did it then, and all these online services want you to sign up for a year or even a month even if you're doing just one, otherwise they put an obnoxious watermark on it.

What OS are you using? There are plenty of good freeware video editing apps.

Why not just add the audio before uploading? Surely if you're putting videos up on YT, you're familiarizing yourself with some sort of client side video editor?
YouTube's editor are quite good and free. Well, I say they're good but I have minimal exposure to full-blown audio/video editing software and what I have seen is overly complicated for casual users.

I just went to my YT channel, and I couldn't find a way to add audio within youtube. You could always use the built in Video editor in Windows.

What OS are you using? There are plenty of good freeware video editing apps.
Windows 7. I just found https://moviemaker.minitool.com/ and it has pretty much what I need. I was able to add the audio file to the video but it still has the background noise of the video. i.e birds chirping. Do I have to remove those sounds first from the video BEFORE adding the audio? If so, how?

I just went to my YT channel, and I couldn't find a way to add audio within youtube.
Looks like Google eliminated that ability in the past year or so. That is, adding your OWN audio track using YT's online tools. You can of course add your own audio to a video before uploading it to YT.

You would think YT would still have that to make posting videos easier for those less computer literate. Heck, why don't they even have their own video editing software for users?

Cool video but I didn’t know you could sell used cop cars with all the lights and other equipment still in it. Or are you trying to sell it to a police department?

Windows 7. I just found https://moviemaker.minitool.com/ and it has pretty much what I need. I was able to add the audio file to the video but it still has the background noise of the video. i.e birds chirping. Do I have to remove those sounds first from the video BEFORE adding the audio? If so, how?
lol,, WHUT?

If you record birds, yeah, you have to edit them out or leave it in. You need an audio editor to do that, select the passages where they chip, and reduce the volume on that segment or at least volume at frequency, save the file, add to video, then upload it.

Maybe it's a leap, i mean eiher you just accept whatever your phone/etc recorded, or else you have to roll up your sleeves and get serous about it with client side audio and video editing apps. You will not get that with the simplistic youtube web interface.

Back