Any Yamaha Raider owners here?

I'm looking for a new motorcycle and considering a new 2012 or 2013 Yamaha Raider. I currently ride a Yamaha V-star 950 and wonder if the handling is similar to the Raider. I have considered all makes, but keep coming back to the Raider's 1854 CC's of power and styling. I really like the 2013 Raider SCL and there are many listed on cycletrader.com at terrific prices. Any thoughts or comments would be most appreciated. 757Guy

My neighbor had a Yamaha Stryker. That bike had the nicest sounding stock exhaust I have ever heard. Sweet. Personally, I would skip over the Raider and go for a used Gen2 V-Max. Awesome bike!

I have a Warrior which is the little brother to the Raiders Stratoliner derived engine. I'm biased, but I think Yamaha builds the best metric air cooled V-twin engine out there. Pretty much bulletproof. My best friend has a stratoliner with no issues. 4 Valve/cyl, twin cam, GEAR driven. I'd suggest checking out some of the Raider specific forums or some of the magazine reviews.

One of the guys I ride with has a Raider...very nice bike! Lots of bottom end torque, and it's almost as fast as my 109...and I agree, Yamaha makes very good air cooled twins...I wouldn't hesitate to buy one...

Originally Posted By: grampi
One of the guys I ride with has a Raider...very nice bike! Lots of bottom end torque, and it's almost as fast as my 109...and I agree, Yamaha makes very good air cooled twins...I wouldn't hesitate to buy one...
C'mon now grampi, at your age and the way you ride a dang Vespa could almost beat that 109.....hehe..J/K hey! just kidding.... I'm not the V-twin type but IMO the Raider is one of the best looking bikes on the road.

I considered one before buying my street Bob. I had an 1100 v-star before buying my harley. I liked yamaha and that v-star was indestructible. I don't see any issues with the bikes as a whole to be honest b