Any way to clean a Fuel Pressure Reg./Filter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My car utilizes an in-tank fuel pump that has the fuel pressure regulator/fuel filter(one piece unit) mounted on top of the pump, outside of the tank. It is easy to remove and replace, but at a best price of $91, I was wondering if there is a way I can just back flush the piece with something to clean it....

Does anyone practice this and have any suggestions? I was thinking maybe spraying carb cleaner thru the outlet nipple to push whatever is in there back out the inlet nipple.

There is no replacement schedule in the owners manual. It is a replace when not working piece.

Remove the filter and back flush it . Either replace it with something else or re-use the old one after a good back flush.

Here is a pic of the one that came off my SRT4 at around 70k miles. I hacked it up pretty bad, but I wanted to see what the filter looked like and I was surprised at how clean it looked.

srt4fpr.jpg

thanks TurboL . I have been reading a lot lately, and a few vendors on the other site(pTp and DCR)are recommending to change them out at 30k miles. I am about to roll 60k miles, so i was thinking about cleaning or changing it out.

What brand fual have you been using mostly for the life of the car?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back