Any reasons NOT to use Rotella 5w-40 in Euro Turbo?

Status
Not open for further replies.
No probs. If anybody else wants some, I still have a few. SOPUS certainly has been generous to me over time.

Originally Posted by Zolton
Originally Posted by edyvw
I had it backwards, thinking 504 for a shorter (6mo) interval, and full SAPS for a longer interval of 12mo.

I don't think we fully understand the implications of the two different formulas. Heck, VW's sticker under the hood even lists these 2 vastly different oils; 502 and 504.

I would DEFINITELY use 504 over a specific 502 oil, like Syntec 5w-40, but oils that also have 229.5 full SAPS might have advantage over 504, stress on the "might". Of course, fuel quality being the decider in some cases.

Since I have a ton of Rotella 5w-40 already, and a bunch of PZ Ultra 0w-40 Viper spec I will choose to use it up verses buying 504 oil. However, if I was buying oil it would not be $50/jug 504, but rather half price PZ Euro L MB 229.51....one of the few products yo get more than your money's worth.

I have about 15G of CK4 RTS, and about 45q of PZ 0w-40, plus a few jugs of M1 0w-40 for my new Mercedes and 4 jugs of Rotella Gas Truck 5w-30 which will be the winter oil for the VW in a few years. Factory fill is only 10cSt, Rotella GT might be a lil thicker. It has a lightweight additive formula, which can only be an improvement on the current high calcium formulas. Even Edge 0w-40 went back to high Ca.

But yeah, I mixed RTS and PZ Platinum in my V6 DI Audi 3.2 for a decently long oci, and it did very well. Would people use these oil or a mix of them if they were free? I already have a stash, so yeah..... just a matter of selecting the best way to use them.

I am a winter/summer oil guy. My wife's commute is just a few miles at low speed. In winter her car barely warms up. Instead of 6 months / 6 months, I might even reduce it to 5 months of winter and 7 of summer. Timed intervals are where it is at!!!

I think you wanted to put here "I."

Except that "U" are not able to explain the differences, lol
lol.gif

In all seriousness, I feel sorry for the people around U.
frown.gif

I could, and actually I did, as well as others.
But, you are too lazy to look for it among discussions in this sub-forum.

I had it backwards, thinking 504 for a shorter (6mo) interval, and full SAPS for a longer interval of 12mo.

I don't think we fully understand the implications of the two different formulas. Heck, VW's sticker under the hood even lists these 2 vastly different oils; 502 and 504.

I would DEFINITELY use 504 over a specific 502 oil, like Syntec 5w-40, but oils that also have 229.5 full SAPS might have advantage over 504, stress on the "might". Of course, fuel quality being the decider in some cases.

Since I have a ton of Rotella 5w-40 already, and a bunch of PZ Ultra 0w-40 Viper spec I will choose to use it up verses buying 504 oil. However, if I was buying oil it would not be $50/jug 504, but rather half price PZ Euro L MB 229.51....one of the few products yo get more than your money's worth.

I have about 15G of CK4 RTS, and about 45q of PZ 0w-40, plus a few jugs of M1 0w-40 for my new Mercedes and 4 jugs of Rotella Gas Truck 5w-30 which will be the winter oil for the VW in a few years. Factory fill is only 10cSt, Rotella GT might be a lil thicker. It has a lightweight additive formula, which can only be an improvement on the current high calcium formulas. Even Edge 0w-40 went back to high Ca.

But yeah, I mixed RTS and PZ Platinum in my V6 DI Audi 3.2 for a decently long oci, and it did very well. Would people use these oil or a mix of them if they were free? I already have a stash, so yeah..... just a matter of selecting the best way to use them.

I am a winter/summer oil guy. My wife's commute is just a few miles at low speed. In winter her car barely warms up. Instead of 6 months / 6 months, I might even reduce it to 5 months of winter and 7 of summer. Timed intervals are where it is at!!!

I think you wanted to put here "I."

Except that "U" are not able to explain the differences, lol
lol.gif

In all seriousness, I feel sorry for the people around U.
frown.gif

I could, and actually I did, as well as others.
But, you are too lazy to look for it among discussions in this sub-forum.

Why not give us an executive summary? I know what mid saps oil is, explain what it does. Tell us what is the end result for the operator, if there is any. If you know so much, you would be able to say what the end result is, but you can't....because you don't.
crackmeup2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back