Any reason not to use Hyundai filter on a Mitsubishi?

So bad gas was bigger issue than blowing those engines? :sneaky:
Yes because it persists, and It is doing a job on my current engine too which was running well, albeit with fuel dilution, until I got a bad tank. I just have to get myself together bite the bullet and head to the dealership when this happens, which will start a chain of frustrating tasks - like challenging the gas station and then out of pocket expenses repair expenses - since bad fuel is of course NOT covered under warranty or service contracts. My heart is not up to this. so I am stuck.

I've used "incorrect" Mobil1 filters on one of my Hyundai. Instead of being M1-104 it was M1-102 I believe. Someone was probably comparing filters at that WM and put the filters back in wrong the boxes. I didn't realize it until after a 5k mile oil change. There was nothing of note during the time it was on.

For many years, Mitsubishi and Hyundai were joined at the hips and there was interchangeability. Even to a point where Mitsubishi Electric/Heavy Industries setup parts divisions in Korea(Kefico/Mando) only for one of them to become a Hyundai division, Kefico.

There shouldn’t be an issue using PH3593A/7317/9688 filters on Mitsus.

While it's probably OK, there is something weird about using another car manufacturer's parts on a different make of car. I'd use an aftermarket Fram or Purolator before doing that, but since they are both $5 and equally easy to get, why not get a Hyundai filter?
Yes......... . . .
I'm sure all the quick-lube shops care as much about it as you do....

Coming soon to a quick -lube shop near you:

"One 20mm x 1.5" filter to rule them ALL!"

Yes because it persists, and It is doing a job on my current engine too which was running well, albeit with fuel dilution, until I got a bad tank. I just have to get myself together bite the bullet and head to the dealership when this happens, which will start a chain of frustrating tasks - like challenging the gas station and then out of pocket expenses repair expenses - since bad fuel is of course NOT covered under warranty or service contracts. My heart is not up to this. so I am stuck.
Wow-may I ask what gas station it is? I would be switching to TT or similar if that kept happening.

No they don't. Any $1 filter that fits is fine with them.
Yep... I think I meant to say *NOT* all quick-lube shops....
sometimes my brain and fingers don't match up when typing.....

and yes - - - any $0.34 filter they can buy in bulk for cheap (that will still thread on)
and doesn't leak is "good enough"..... in their book

Yes......... . . .
I'm sure all the quick-lube shops care as much about it as you do....

Coming soon to a quick -lube shop near you:

"One 20mm x 1.5" filter to rule them ALL!"
It’s already happening - one of the local ones is using the tiny PH6607 size on all the Japanese things except for Toyota/Lexus.

Back