Any reason not to use Carquest full synthetic?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only reason I can think of not to use it, and the reason I don't use it, is I'm always able to score something from one of the majors for less. The scores I got from the majors is not only cheaper, but better, in my opinion.

Originally Posted by 53' Stude
Originally Posted by Virtus_Probi
For "Carquest 100% Synthetic" and "Carquest Full Synthetic", there are 3 groups of oils with the suppliers listed as Carquest, Advanced Auto Part, and Amalie Oil Co in the dexos1 Gen 2 database.
The license numbers for the three groups do not seem to be related to each other...focusing on the 5W30 shown with Amalie as the supplier, the license # (D10397HG049) is shared with versions of Amalie Elixir FS, Chev Extreme FS, Federated FS, Parts Plus Syth, Rallye 100% Synth, STP FS, Wolf's Head 100% Synth, and a few other oils. The STP FS 5W30 is actually shown as having 3 possible suppliers and there is a 4th one just for 5W20.
https://www.gmdexos.com/brands/dexos1/index.html

Thank You for the link and info sir
smile.gif

Didn't see your reply right away...you are most welcome!

Originally Posted by dave1251
Originally Posted by Imp4
Do you trust the API starburst???

Yes.

What is he even getting at?🤔

Originally Posted by Rock_Hudstone
I picked up multiple 5 qt jugs of Carquest HM 10w-40 Full Syn for $2.55 during the recent clearance, (Qts were .55 cents). Amalie oil SN rated but not Dexos. Plan on using it for the warmer months but I wouldn't have a problem using it in winter if thats all I had.

Perhaps there is still some around PA area. I had my local AAP order from other stores, mostly the Mobil Super Syn and HM, saved a lot of driving around. Not too many people interested in the Carquest 10w-40 so there was plenty of that in stock for a while.

Well, was not any in mechanicsburg area or Carlisle PA area AAP's. I'll hit the ancient AAP near the Autozone near where the new gf lives. I have not saw any carquest full Syn Hm 10w40 yet

Originally Posted by 53' Stude
Originally Posted by Rock_Hudstone
I picked up multiple 5 qt jugs of Carquest HM 10w-40 Full Syn for $2.55 during the recent clearance, (Qts were .55 cents). Amalie oil SN rated but not Dexos. Plan on using it for the warmer months but I wouldn't have a problem using it in winter if thats all I had.

Perhaps there is still some around PA area. I had my local AAP order from other stores, mostly the Mobil Super Syn and HM, saved a lot of driving around. Not too many people interested in the Carquest 10w-40 so there was plenty of that in stock for a while.

Well, was not any in mechanicsburg area or Carlisle PA area AAP's. I'll hit the ancient AAP near the Autozone near where the new gf lives. I have not saw any carquest full Syn Hm 10w40 yet

Probably sold out at those locations.. Ask your local AAP to look it up and see if in stock at other stores in the area, if so have them order for you.

Hopefully, it will come up on clearance as prices can vary between stores, i.e. you pay the ordering store's current listed price, even if the other locations are blowing them out on clearance, just the way their system is set up

SKU # 11769017

https://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p...e-motor-oil-5-quart-cq954-5qt/11769017-P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back