Any reason I can't use this fuel filter on my truck?

Years ago I put a filter head and a wix 33123 fuel filter/ water separator on my truck. The 33123 has proven to be hard to find when needed and expensive. It is mounted before the Ford fuel filter.

The original ford water filters were trouble and all have been bypassed or replaced with something similar to what I have.

I found this filter at tractor supply. https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/cim-tek-spin-on-fuel-filter-72059?cm_vc=-10005

It is designed for a fuel tank in the bed of a truck. To filter the fuel as it is dispensed. Instead of a drain like the 33123 it has a water absorbing media. That is ok with me.

But I can't find pressure specs. I ASSume that it can take the 3-4 psi my mechanical fuel pump puts out.

How much pressure does an in-bed tank and pump put out when the pump is running but the trigger is not pulled?

What are the specs on the filters and what is needed for the fuel systen onn the truck?

My 84 runs a 33439 water separator. Same setup that International used on the medium duty trucks. The 86 I just stuck a racor setup on because it was cheap. Got to looking after I got it for replacement elements and they cost more than I paid for the whole setup. So I think it will get a 33439 setup when I have time.

Is that your only filter?
In my diesel I have 3 filters. 33118 primary, Baldwin pf7977 OEM middle filter, tertiary Cat 1r0750 as the final filter.
( did get a CAT UHE 416-1225 to replace that one)
I run a wix 33118 as a primary filter on my Diesel Ram 2005. It uses a DD 60 series filter base, 1-12 thread so ought to fit your base. It is a longer filter, but dont use it if it is the only filter you got.

Is that your only filter?
In my diesel I have 3 filters. 33118 primary, Baldwin pf7977 OEM middle filter, tertiary Cat 1r0750 as the final filter.
( did get a CAT UHE 416-1225 to replace that one)
I run a wix 33118 as a primary filter on my Diesel Ram 2005. It uses a DD 60 series filter base, 1-12 thread so ought to fit your base. It is a longer filter, but dont use it if it is the only filter you got.
I have the water filter before the oe fuel filter. The oe filter does not remove water

Years ago I put a filter head and a wix 33123 fuel filter/ water separator on my truck. The 33123 has proven to be hard to find when needed and expensive. It is mounted before the Ford fuel filter.

The original ford water filters were trouble and all have been bypassed or replaced with something similar to what I have.

I found this filter at tractor supply. https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/cim-tek-spin-on-fuel-filter-72059?cm_vc=-10005

It is designed for a fuel tank in the bed of a truck. To filter the fuel as it is dispensed. Instead of a drain like the 33123 it has a water absorbing media. That is ok with me.

But I can't find pressure specs. I ASSume that it can take the 3-4 psi my mechanical fuel pump puts out.

How much pressure does an in-bed tank and pump put out when the pump is running but the trigger is not pulled?

port injection, 45 psi or so

Back