Any Raybestos EHT3 RPT rotors long term review in heavy salt area like North East regions?

I am trying to decide between e-coating like centric premium/wagner vs Raybestos element3(FZN/RPT) rotors.
We use a lot of spray liquid de-icer here and the previous centric premium is rusted even onto the brake pad scrape area.

Anyone use Raybestos element3 rotors for more than 2 winters in North East regions that use lots of salt and how are they holding up?

I know that there are other members here that really like the Element 3 pads & rotors and I'd like to hear from them as well. I am in the market as well.

So far so good on four vehicles I did brake jobs on in the past two years using Element3 pads and rotors. IIRC I also used Raybestos calipers on two vehicles and they've been problem free as well.

Reactions: JC1
Does Ohio count ? We get snow and ice and the roads get salted HEAVILY (excessively, often just as a precaution).

How long did the Centric Premium rotors last for you? :unsure:

I can vouch for the Powerstop coated rotors. They are still holding up almost 2 years later.

I think all of the economy rotors are similar - they just use different paint jobs.

Pads look nice and came with all the hardware and a good price.

Front pads.jpg

One winter on the Element 3 parts and so far they look great. I know you were looking for 2+ years, but I would classify our conditions in Northern NY and VT as extreme. We travel a lot in the winter and the vehicles are usually white with salt and full of sand.

The clips have a springy part. Maybe they hold the pads tighter.
My experience with those style springs is they will always flip the pads out of the bracket. You need 3 or 4 hands to work with those in order to hold the pads in place, hold the spring clip down, and put the caliper over the top of it all.

Long term? Does a year count in Canada?

They are perfectly fine in my Mazda (rear discs + pads), better progressivity than whatever there was before (Monroe something + Monroe ceramic pads?), that part being probably more related to the EHT pads I put in the front too (with AC Delco discs that were there, lol).
I didn't check closely closely when switching to summer wheels but they seem to have survived winter just fine (not rusty nor looking degraded)

They dust the rims like hell on the other hand (pads).

I replaced the brakes on my wife's Fusion about 20k miles ago with Element 3 rotors (I used Wagner pads). I'll try and get pictures....

How long did the Centric Premium rotors last for you? :unsure:

I can vouch for the Powerstop coated rotors. They are still holding up almost 2 years later.

Just under 2 winters, but I did drive like 25k km a year during those times.
From that point, a rust ring started to go from outer rim inwards where pad wasn't making contact.
It started going inwards and no amount of hard braking could clear it off. I did service my brakes yearly during tires switch overs.
Now it's about 1/4 of the surface is rust so I don't get the good reviews on centric premium rotors or we just have harsh salting.

Thinking of switching to full coated rotors and the Raybestos is the best value and thinking of pairing with EHT3 pads.

Just under 2 winters, but I did drive like 25k km a year during those times.
From that point, a rust ring started to go from outer rim inwards where pad wasn't making contact.
It started going inwards and no amount of hard braking could clear it off. I did service my brakes yearly during tires switch overs.
Now it's about 1/4 of the surface is rust so I don't get the good reviews on centric premium rotors or we just have harsh salting.

Thinking of switching to full coated rotors and the Raybestos is the best value and thinking of pairing with EHT3 pads.

2 years isn't bad, especially for Canada.

Non-coated rotors rust overnight! :poop:

Front and back of centric e-coated rotors.
150k km of mostly highway driving and 6yrs. Covid has cut my driving down by 90%.

Attachments

• 20210616_123454.jpg
    20210616_123454.jpg
    135.3 KB · Views: 410
  • 20210616_123513.jpg
    20210616_123513.jpg
    139 KB · Views: 412
Those 'bestos are my go to's since I installed first set of rotors and pads, great looks wise and performance wise and the prices on RA are very attractive.

Reactions: JC1
I just did another brake job today with Element3 pads and rotors for a friend. They've been my go to for about 8 brake jobs now.

Back