Any QSUD users here?

QSFS is GTL. 5-40 QSFS is the same oil as Pennzoil Platinum. The Euro 0W-30 LX is the same oil in Quaker State and Pennzoil bottles.

0W-20, 5W-20 and 5W-30 are a little different between Pennzoil Platinum and Quaker State Full Synthetic., but still GTL based.

Just changed my oil recently with the QSFS. I wish they came-up with a better name. Who wants "Half Synthetic?"

I've used QS products in the past... Good enough for me. The only reason I switched from SuperTech was the cost. I don't have any idea why this oil isn't more popular, considering today's economy and price hikes. (Not that one should purchase on price alone.) I did some searching on this forum and it appears QS has fallen a bit to the wayside as far as ranking. Why? Dunno.

Another weird observation - The jug cap only screws on/off with a breaking seal. Many oils today are bottled with both a cap and a foil seal also...

I've been eyeballing QSFS after reading here about how good it is for the price....hoping it's as good as my favorite, discontinued Magnatec. Menards has it for about $23 bucks a jug after rebate, ChinaMart for $22.

I'm not sure if it's considered part of the QSUD family, but I've been very happy with the QS Hi-mileage syn blend. Usually 10w40, sometimes 10w30. I've used it for 3 years. It's the only HM I tried that actually really slowed up the various oil seeps on my old slant 6 truck. Several other brands did not. I've noticed that the price ( WM) has recently risen to $15.94 for the 5 qt. I need 6 qt. on an O&F change. It had been at about $15. for some years.

Brands of HM blends that I won't use again in that truck are Valv. ML, Cast GTX., and especially Havoline HM blend.

Last edited:
I used QS once back when they had those clear bottles. These days I pick Pennzoil over QS. Here in Canada their rebates are better and more frequent making it the cheaper Shell oil. If a good sale and rebate combo pops up for QS, then I'll pick up a jug, but that hasn't happened so far, at least not when I'm shopping for oil.

Anyone here remember the rare as hen’s teeth QS Horsepower 5W50 in the clear bottles?
I remember these.
9104520.jpg

I have stores all around me employing local folks; they get ALL of my business. I have only shopped Amazon for oddball stuff I cant find locally anymore like Pear's original bath soap or some garbage electronics doo-dads. I don't need some huge box truck hauling a tiny oil filter 20 miles to my cabin in the woods sucking Nine dollars of Diesel to get there and back.

Sorry @JJ you hit a pet peeve. Amazon is a very very bad thing.

QSFS 5w30 is in my Element, nice and quiet over the 5w20 that came out of it. QSFS Euro 5w40 will be going in my Expedition next oci as well as my C1500, bought a bunch from walmart.com when it was on sale.

I don't think batch codes would work because they, usually, also include the customer code.
That would only hold true if it were a batch being blended for a specific customer. That might happen for a very common product for Walmart, who might order 100,000 gallons of 5W-20 at one time, but virtually no other wholesale account would get that kind of treatment.

Back