Any Paint/Body Experts?

Originally Posted by Trav
Messing around with a heat gun can be a recipe for disaster on painted parts like this, the paint is not OE so how it reacts to temps hot enough to permanently distort it is anyone's guess. It can be fixed easy enough but honestly why bother.

You have scared me. In a good way. I've canceled the heat gun order.
05.gif

Yes do not mess with it on your own with a heat gun, let the installer or his help do it.

Audatex does not show a very good diagram, there is a retainer, but it appears to be on the top the way it is drawn, you might have a look at some of the online dealer websites. Try a few, their diagrams vary in quality...

Originally Posted by IMSA_Racing_Fan
How is your nighttime visibility with the yelliwing headlights? If affected that would worry me more.

They aren't that bad, anyone who has trouble with that, shouldn't be driving at night with perfect headlights... too little margin.

Originally Posted by Dave9
Originally Posted by IMSA_Racing_Fan
How is your nighttime visibility with the yelliwing headlights? If affected that would worry me more.

They aren't that bad, anyone who has trouble with that, shouldn't be driving at night with perfect headlights... too little margin.

LOL
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted by DuckRyder
Yes do not mess with it on your own with a heat gun, let the installer or his help do it.

It's complicated. I won't let his installer do it. He is his son. He will go back and tell his Dad. Can't let that happen. Long story....

Originally Posted by Gebo
Originally Posted by DuckRyder

It's complicated. I won't let his installer do it. He is his son. He will go back and tell his Dad. Can't let that happen. Long story....

Was this guy at this body shop the cheapest bidder on the repair?

Just asking........

No, he is a brother to me. I never asked the price.

He's trying to help his son who just can't seem to get it together.

I NEVER purchase on price. Michelin, Sony, Allen Edmonds, saddleback, kimber, Amsoil, OEM part's, etc.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by dwcopple
Kimber, lol...

Yeah, that was a weak example. I shoulda typed in Wilson Combat.

Originally Posted by Gebo
Originally Posted by dwcopple
Kimber, lol...

Yeah, that was a weak example. I shoulda typed in Wilson Combat.

Attaboy. Or Dan Wesson, Ed Brown, Nighthawk, etc.

You keep saying there is no fastener in that area. There has to be some sort of fastener within 18-24 inches of that area. By fastener I am including plastic body clips, pins etc. My theory (and I could be wrong) is that the fasteners anywhere on the bottom are off, causing it to bow further away.

The sag does not affect how the vehicle operates, and it is barely cosmetic since most anyone else will not see it or know it's there.

Given all that, I feel like this is the next logical question that should be asked: what do you stand to gain by pursuing a fix for it now, and what do you stand to lose if it is left as-is and not touched by anyone else?

I'm not asking because I just have to know the answer(s); I'm asking because I think you should let the answer(s) guide your decision on how to proceed from this point.

Originally Posted by rubberchicken
You keep saying there is no fastener in that area. There has to be some sort of fastener within 18-24 inches of that area. By fastener I am including plastic body clips, pins etc. My theory (and I could be wrong) is that the fasteners anywhere on the bottom are off, causing it to bow further away.

I don't know what to tell you. All the fasteners are connected and there are none there at the droop. I've examined all the fasteners on the bumper and they are all attached. I compared both sides.

I'll drive it to the dealer and quiz them next time I go to Costco.

Originally Posted by The_Nuke
The sag does not affect how the vehicle operates, and it is barely cosmetic since most anyone else will not see it or know it's there.

Given all that, I feel like this is the next logical question that should be asked: what do you stand to gain by pursuing a fix for it now, and what do you stand to lose if it is left as-is and not touched by anyone else?

I'm not asking because I just have to know the answer(s); I'm asking because I think you should let the answer(s) guide your decision on how to proceed from this point.

You make an excellent point. Thank you.

Back