Any Opinions on Lucas Upper Cylinder Lubricant ..

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've got a bottle of this , looks interesting and one bottle does about 8 treatments, cheaper than your average otc fuel additive. What do you guys think of this product. Sounds like a good idea, cleaning the fuel system while also lubricating the rings and valve parts. Could also be your typical snake oil. I'm trying to improve fuel economy on my Ford Escape which I just bought slightly used. Figure if I can clean out the fuel system and crankcase (with another product) I might be able to squeeze out a bit more fuel economy out of this thing. crossing my fingers.

thanks for any opinions.

Joey
smile.gif

I used and liked it, i may get some more to switch off when im not using FP

Also, truck supply places (Flying J and so on) usually have gallons of it pretty cheap

Some what like fp60,but lower price,ITS not snake oil.Allso very easy to buy.Have you ever try seafrom,alot of people here love this stuff.

my first fuel tank did get a bit better fuel economy, not sure if it was due to the Lucas or other conditions but I'll keep monitoring it.

I was wondering how often to use it, every second fill might be alright I guess, they don't really tell you on the label , unless they intend for it to be used on every fill. thanks for the replies, much appreciated. I'll check out the Flying J's got one right near my house.

Joey

I was a supporter of Lucas UCL until two recent UOA's on two different vehicles that used it. Both showed high levels of sodium which seems to be caused by Lucas UCL. The potassium levels were fine on both UOA's which indicates that it's probably not coolant in the oil so Lucas UCL, IMO, is the culpret.

After seeing both of these UOA's, I decided to go BACK to FP60.

As with anything, I will be convinced when I see the data. Without data... well, I am not going to chance offending an obese snake.

Ran if for a while and car started acting a bit funny, so I stopped using it. Did not change, then went back to Redline SL-1. Everything the returned to clean and happy.

I use UCL and like it a lot. It's a lube and cleaner that isn't a solvent according to Lucas. That is a really rare combo and I don't think I've ever heard anyone explain why Lucas was able to pull this off. Look at the photo it is obviously a good cleaner, and anyone who's used it will tell you it's also a good lube. I also believe that more people have had better luck with UCL in gas milage improvement than any other additive. It's a unique high quality product IMO.

Had a friend turn me onto it, saying that it smoothed out is rough idle and improved his gas mileage in his high mileage lumina. Used it in my 4.3 Blazer with about 75000 miles. It definately improved my mileage, about 2 MPG's, and after about 1000 miles, the oil was changed and it was very, very black. I assumed it was because of the Lucas removing deposits. I recommend it.

First Post:

I use Lucas Fuel Treatment too @ the rate of between 2.5 and 3 oz per 10 gallons of regular unleaded in both our vehicles and used it too in my last vehicle.

Have good results with it.

I use it since I pay $16 a gallon. I noticed no difference between the UCL or the FP60. I use it just because is way cheaper for me.

Quote:

Quote:

It's a lube and cleaner that isn't a solvent according to Lucas.

If Lucas UCL is not a solvent, how does it keep the intake valve clean ??
dunno.gif

I know people seem to think that Lucas UCL has polyisobutylene(PIB) in it. I agree, all their literature mentions it contains a polymer. Some have found PIB in the fuel increases efficiency and reduces buildups. Perhaps it has light detergent properties as well?

Quote:

I was a supporter of Lucas UCL until two recent UOA's on two different vehicles that used it. Both showed high levels of sodium which seems to be caused by Lucas UCL. The potassium levels were fine on both UOA's which indicates that it's probably not coolant in the oil so Lucas UCL, IMO, is the culpret.

After seeing both of these UOA's, I decided to go BACK to FP60.

Mine had 8ppm of sodium in 5000mi. Lucas doesnt have sodium in it. Thats a coolant issue!!

I use it @ the rate of between 2 oz to 3 oz per 10 gallons of gasoline in both of our vehicles and the lawnmower fuel.

Used it in my previous vehicle too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back