Any opinions of Icedragon/Dragon browsers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been reading about these Comodo free browser versions (Icedragon/Mozilla, Dragon/Chrome). Sounds interesting and perhaps worth trying out. I'm curious if they might be a safer alternative to Pale Moon.

To be frank, I've tried those "alternate" versions of the big browsers and never been terribly impressed. While they might offer features that some people want, I much prefer the resources of Google/Mozilla being used to develop a mainstream browser for what I do. It's not like I'm a niche-user, and there are always extensions if there really is some functionality I need to add.

Remember that these offshoots do not go through the same testing and such as the normal "public" branch.

Originally Posted By: dparm
To be frank, I've tried those "alternate" versions of the big browsers and never been terribly impressed. While they might offer features that some people want, I much prefer the resources of Google/Mozilla being used to develop a mainstream browser for what I do. It's not like I'm a niche-user, and there are always extensions if there really is some functionality I need to add.

Remember that these offshoots do not go through the same testing and such as the normal "public" branch.

I can understand that. One "benefit" has been that in the case of PM, they're a few releases behind - and thus still have the "old" look.

After reading this thread a few weeks ago I downloaded Icedragon.I had never heard of them before but I figured I would give them a shot.
So far I am fairly impressed with it.Seems quick while surfing almost as quick as Opera.Has not crashed like Internet Exploder in this time period.So far so good.I've had it warn me about a couple of bad sites while surfing.So I think it may replace Opera as my usual browser since they Googled themselves.
My little bit of experience says give them a try.

Originally Posted By: uc50ic4more
Originally Posted By: urrlord
Internet Exploder

A very sarcastic "thank you" to you, sir: I just spit my morning coffee all over my laptop.

No problem.Any time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back