Any one tried meguiar's nxt 2.0 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used it and was pretty happy. Easy on/easy off and real nice shine. Then, I bought a bottle of Rejex and will be using that from now on.

Check out the Meguiar's online forum, a lot of people on there have tried it and love it. Meguiar's sent out a bunch of free test samples a few months ago, but at the time they didn't tell them it was NXT 2.0.

I can't wait to get mine! Hopefully it'll arrive sometime this week so I can put a coat of it on this weekend.

I've tried the new NXT 2.0 on my sons vehicle. I like it much better than the original. Easier to apply and remove, nicer shine, and seems to be holding up nicely. Although, it's only been 3 weeks since we applied two light coats. The Meguiar's UQD (Ultimate Quick Detailer) works extremely well with NXT 2.0.

I purchased one of the NXT 2.0 kits from Wal-Mart a few weeks ago. I was in on the original NXT launch a few years back, where it seemed that NXT would be the ultimate silver bullet for virtually anything that ails your paint.

It wasn't, of course, because there really is no single product that can 'do it all'. However, 2.0 is really pretty slick -- easy to apply, and has held up well through 4 weeks of driving (that included a 2,000 mile round trip to FL from NC that started with near freezing temps and ended in FL with 82 degree temps on Dec. 26th!)

All in all, it's a good deal -- but if you need some other supplies, it's worth the trouble to track down the kit at Wal-Mart. You get the 2.0, Quick Detailer, and several other items. A good deal for $24.88!

Let us know how long that stuff lasts. I think we are all curious seeing how the original NXT doesn't last long at all.

What exactly is "pro line #21 V2.0?" (Sounds like a software upgrade).

I'm familiar with Megs #26 and other related pro products, but not that specific product. Is it a cleaner, polish, or wax?

It's #21 polymer sealant. It has mild cleaners and fairly good durability. It isn't in the same class as Zaino but it is good.

Originally Posted By: wannafbody
It's #21 polymer sealant. It has mild cleaners and fairly good durability. It isn't in the same class as Zaino but it is good.

I personally think it's better than Zaino. I've used Zaino Z2 and Z5 and I prefer #21. It hides minor imperfections better, makes my black paint look a little bit darker and I find it easier to remove (not that Zaino is difficult to remove, but #21 is easier) As far as durability goes, I know a few people who have found #21 to last them more than six months even through the winter months. I've never gone that long myself on any product so I can't say for sure if this is true.

Now that they've released the 2.0 versions of #21 and NXT, I have a feeling that these two products will be pretty close in performance. With the original versions of each, #21 was by far the more durable of the two. But I don't think we'll see as much difference between the 2.0 versions of each. Meguiar's employees claim that the only major difference between the two is that #21 can be applied with a rotary, so there is a slight chemistry change there to allow the product to stay "wet" a little bit longer. Other than that, the two products are supposed to be pretty much the same. Time will tell of course.

I am going to apply my first coat of NXT 2.0 tomorrow morning!

Remember that most products tend to be more durable during the cooler months. Once high temps come into play many products loose their gloss and break down faster.

Originally Posted By: dkryan
What exactly is "pro line #21 V2.0?" (Sounds like a software upgrade).

I'm familiar with Megs #26 and other related pro products, but not that specific product. Is it a cleaner, polish, or wax?

M21 Synthetic Sealant is the full name of the product and is exactly what the name implies. The new 2.0 version is coming in a week or so and it will have the same hydrophobic technology as NXT 2.0 and the Ultimate Quik Detail spray. I love M21 and look forward to trying the new version.

Originally Posted By: wannafbody
Remember that most products tend to be more durable during the cooler months. Once high temps come into play many products loose their gloss and break down faster.

True, but in the summertime when it's nicer out you're more likely to apply your wax/sealant more often than you do in the cold winter months. From April to November I usually like to reapply my wax once a month.

I've GOT to quit reading these forums!!!! I'm afraid I'll be adding some #21 2.0 to my giant assortment of products. My VISA is smoking in my wallet as we speak.

FWIW - Winter is the toughest time for me. The horrible weather around here forces me use a drive thru touchless more often, just to get the salt and sand off the cars. The presoaks they use is VERY hard on waxes/sealants. Currently have Zaino CS, applied in late Oct., holding up fairly well.

Go well I tried this yesterday on my car. Did see much of a differ from the regular. BUT it rained last night and wow the water just sat there in beeds. As I accelarated all the water came off and car was pretty much dried.

I also bought mine in the walmart detail kit. Got 3 kits for $12.50 each. From walmart on the clearance rack...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back